HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCH at the dealer for service

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 08:34 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH at the dealer for service

Are the lion packs compatible with the IMA system? James. When do you feel they will be available for the folks that need them? I hope I never do, but that is probably too good to be asking for. My 06 still performs like a clock and even better with the IMA up-dates. I think if I was having re-cal problems I would bit the bullet and have the pack rebuilt. I cannot imagine trying to put up with re-calibration 2 or 3 times a day . H

Old 02-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Veteran Mechanic

Yes they will be! Most LION and NIMH can be used interchangeably Lion would need a slightly higher initial amp hour capacity to work well with the IMA system, since even though they are higher in energy density, I don't believe they "fill" quite as fast as NIMH with charge. So to counter the higher rate of charge a larger AH battery must be used to spread the load evenly.

Other than that, yes if Re-involt's pack can deliver to spec I will definitely choose it over a remanufactured NIMH, even the honda packs are remans i hear…

Last edited by Jamchel; 02-14-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:25 PM

Interesting stuff if the time ever comes. I also have a 06 Prius so I would imagine this holds true for the Prius folks as well. H

Old 02-14-2011, 06:04 PM
Enthusiast
Exclamation Re: HCH at the dealer for service

Okay so I need to make a decision soon. The service manger called and gave me only one option, but he will look into a possible trade credit.

Right now the repair cost for everything is $2000. This includes new Catalytic Converter and IMA Battery Pack.

Cat Converter with Labor $1400
IMA Battery Pack $600 with Labor (He was able to get Honda to cover most of it)

I am really hesitant on spending $2000 on a 2007 with 113k miles that is still being financed. I wanted him to talk with the sales manger to possibly negotiate some sort of trade value toward a new Honda Civic/Fit, or used vehicle.

Put yourself in my shoes, what would you do???

Old 02-14-2011, 09:18 PM
Arrow Re: HCH at the dealer for service

Originally Posted by TBaFFz
Okay so I need to make a decision soon. The service manger called and gave me only one option, but he will look into a possible trade credit.

Right now the repair cost for everything is $2000. This includes new Catalytic Converter and IMA Battery Pack.

Cat Converter with Labor $1400
IMA Battery Pack $600 with Labor (He was able to get Honda to cover most of it)

I am really hesitant on spending $2000 on a 2007 with 113k miles that is still being financed. I wanted him to talk with the sales manger to possibly negotiate some sort of trade value toward a new Honda Civic/Fit, or used vehicle.

Put yourself in my shoes, what would you do???
Just to confirm, you are not in a state with a 10-year/150K-mile warranty, correct? Any discussion with Honda's regional office about giving you a break on the cost since the IMA has relatively low mileage at 113K? I'd be making persistent phone calls, if I were you.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:46 PM

Todd. By any chance did you use additive in you gas fill ups? Just wondering why the cat. failed.I have heard that additives are bad on cats? That is not a bad deal for the pack. [$600] I think I would look for a cat from a salvage or try and fool the sensor by adding a extension for the sensor unless of course the cat is plugged. It would cost you much more for a CVT or something similar!H.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:49 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harold
Todd. By any chance did you use additive in you gas fill ups? Just wondering why the cat. failed.I have heard that additives are bad on cats? That is not a bad deal for the pack. [$600] I think I would look for a cat from a salvage or try and fool the sensor by adding a extension for the sensor unless of course the cat is plugged. It would cost you much more for a CVT or something similar!H.
I have used Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner and Lucas Oil Fuel System Cleaner but have only used this maybe twice since I bought the car. I almost always fill up with Phillips66 gas.

Last edited by TBaFFz; 02-15-2011 at 04:54 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:52 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harold
I think I would look for a cat from a salvage or try and fool the sensor by adding a extension for the sensor unless of course the cat is plugged. It would cost you much more for a CVT or something similar!H.
Well the car is still with the dealer and they want a answer asap. I need to have this figured out within the next week since my plates expire. I found couple salvage yards that sell manifold w/ cat for around $450. I am going to try and talk with the honda customer service rep about the repair costs.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:56 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
Just to confirm, you are not in a state with a 10-year/150K-mile warranty, correct? Any discussion with Honda's regional office about giving you a break on the cost since the IMA has relatively low mileage at 113K? I'd be making persistent phone calls, if I were you.
Yes that is correct. According to there warranty only residents that own the and operate in CA are able to hold that 15/150k mile warranty. I am going to call the regional rep and see what I can negotiate.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:39 AM
Enthusiast

Just talked with the service manager and negotiated $1400-1500 range. I asked him what he was charging for the Cat since I was able to find one for $672.06 at Majestic Honda

I feel that $1400 would be very fair for all of the work being done. What do you think?

Quick Reply: HCH at the dealer for service

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands