HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCH at the dealer for service

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 07:51 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH at the dealer for service

I think that is very fair as well. I would stop using additives! Use Shell or Chevron gas mostly! H

Old 02-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TBaFFz
Just talked with the service manager and negotiated $1400-1500 range. I asked him what he was charging for the Cat since I was able to find one for $672.06 at Majestic Honda

I feel that $1400 would be very fair for all of the work being done. What do you think?
Great price and great deal.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KevinsTop
Great price and great deal.
Okay in and out the door I am looking at $1550 with tax. I got him to through in a four wheel balancing since my steering wheel is shaking at speeds over 60mph. I figured one of the wheels may be out of balance.

New Cat
New IMA Battery
Reprogram IMA System ( I guess a re-learn? I already have newest software)
Four Wheel Computerized Balancing
All Labor Included

I will be getting the car by Thursday or Friday afternoon. Excited to see what my mpgs are after all of the repairs. Hoping for avg 45 range before I was lucky to get 37.5

Old 02-15-2011, 06:04 PM
Arrow Re: HCH at the dealer for service

Anyone want to do the math on how long it would take to recoup a $1,550 investment from a 7.5 MPG boost in fuel economy?

Seriously, TBaFFz, congrats on your repair. I still think/hope you pursue the matter with a higher Honda authority without throwing your go0d-natured local Honda service department under the proverbial bus. If you don't get far with a regional American Honda representative, at least you still got a fair deal.

How long is the warranty on the replacement battery, incidentally?

Last edited by stevenvillatoro; 02-15-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:43 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
Anyone want to do the math on how long it would take to recoup a $1,550 investment from a 7.5 MPG boost in fuel economy?

Seriously, TBaFFz, congrats on your repair. I still think/hope you pursue the matter with a higher Honda authority without throwing your go0d-natured local Honda service department under the proverbial bus. If you don't get far with a regional American Honda representative, at least you still got a fair deal.

How long is the warranty on the replacement battery, incidentally?
Well unfortunately everything that is done will only be covered for 12month/12k miles. So I am going to baby this new battery with a very low amount of assist.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Veteran Mechanic

Yea 12/12 is because they use rebuilt packs themselves. They know better lol.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: HCH at the dealer for service

Picked up my car this afternoon and all I can say is WOW! I can not believe how much of a difference my car is with a new IMA Battery. It drives better then when I bought is used with 80k miles! I noticed may changes in performance, engine noise, smooth rpm revs, CVT responsiveness, and most important NO MORE RECALS!! The battery level indicator has stayed at 6 bars the whole way home, 50miles. I just drove it down to the gym which is another 8miles and still 6 bars! I would have had about four to five recals on my previous battery pack.

Another interesting thing is on the receipt the technician put "IMA Light On" "Battery is erratically charging and discharging" My IMA light never came on? I am thinking they put it down so that Honda would replace my battery pack?

They were not able to get the cat ordered until mid March since it is on backorder so I still have the cat issue but I can already tell a huge difference just from the IMA Battery.

Best of all the total cost ended up being $100 lower! So all in all I am pretty satisfied

Old 02-17-2011, 08:39 PM

Good news! H

Old 02-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Veteran Mechanic

Great to hear it!

Old 02-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Arrow Re: HCH at the dealer for service

Ditto – a happy ending always makes me want to cry...

Quick Reply: HCH at the dealer for service

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands