HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCH II -- Discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 11:25 AM
Enthusiast
Default HCH II -- Discontinued?

Dealers are clearing them from their lots and reportedly not replacing them. My dealer says they're no longer being made. Any truth to that?

Old 05-26-2009, 06:08 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH II -- Discontinued?

I've heard nothing of the sort.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:09 AM
2nd Hybrid Owner

The plant in Japan that makes the Civic hybrid is making the Insight hybrid at full tilt. As of the 1st of May, Honda had no plans to make any more 2009 Civic Hybrids, They still are planning to make the 2010 Civic Hybrid. The 2011 is still on the production plan.

Right now hybrid Hondas and Toyotas are not selling anywhere near projected rates. When gas gets back to $4.00 / gal they will take off again. Both companies projected 20% growth and so far it has been 60% fewer.

Quite a few HCH II ( like myself ) owners of older versions upgraded to the 2009 for the 4 wheel disk brakes and the VSA. ( and the new USB music attachment for mp3 /wma music ). Some for the leather option.

Last year they could not keep more than 2 Fits on the lot and HCH II were sold before they arrived - today the Fits have a 90 day supply. Civic Hybrids are at a 100 day supply, Insights are at an 80 day supply. ( the Insight was supposed to be at 7 days by this time ).

The only hybrid in tight supply is the Ford Fusion / Milan with a 7 day supply.

Last edited by larryr; 05-26-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: HCH II -- Discontinued?

Originally Posted by larryr
As of the 1st of May, Honda had no plans to make any more 2009 Civic Hybrids, They still are planning to make the 2010 Civic Hybrid. The 2011 is still on the production plan.
This bodes well for resale values on '09 Civic Hybrids a couple of years down the road. They will be scarcer than hen's teeth, and by far the best model year to own.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Think green.

I think Honda is playing it smart, and building only the number of cars they estimate they need to cover the orders for each model as they come in. I have not heard anything that they would not be making any more HCHs.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Gairwyn
I think Honda is playing it smart, and building only the number of cars they estimate they need...
Or, maybe Honda has a second motive... to concentrate buyer interest in the Insight in order to gain market share in the next round against the Pri... Pri... <scratching head trying to recall the competitor>

Old 05-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Think green.

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
...the Pri... Pri... <scratching head trying to recall the competitor>
Would you like me to provide a link for you there, Steve? I think there's a forum around here somewhere...

Old 05-26-2009, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Gairwyn
Would you like me to provide a link for you there, Steve? I think there's a forum around here somewhere...
Sheesh, NO! It's taken three years of good psychotherapy to purge the memory of my last Toy... Toy... well, you get the idea.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:10 PM
2nd Hybrid Owner

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
Sheesh, NO! It's taken three years of good psychotherapy to purge the memory of my last Toy... Toy... well, you get the idea.
Just be thankful that Toyota and GM have not merged. Chevy and Toyota would be merged. The resulting car would be know as the Toylet. (just say it)

Old 05-26-2009, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by larryr
Just be thankful that Toyota and GM have not merged. Chevy and Toyota would be merged. The resulting car would be know as the Toylet. (just say it)
Now, THAT is funny. But seriously, there is a great deal of similarity between GM and Toyota in market approach. I won't elaborate, however, to keep from spilling wine on my keyboard while still laughing at your apropos humor. Someone else continue with my intended line of thought, please!

Quick Reply: HCH II -- Discontinued?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands