HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCH II shortage

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default HCH II shortage

I live in the Tampa, FL and have contacted two of the four major Honda dealers in the area about purchasing a 2008 HCH II. The first two have told me that they can't get the cars in. I've got calls into the other two. I did get to test drive one that was pre-sold. After all the online research I've done, this was enough to confirm my desire to get one.

I'm just wondering if other parts of the country are having shortages, or is this just a bunch of dealership BS. I want to get one before the June 30th tax incentive cut off. Any tips on how to get my hands on one would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Think green.
Default Re: HCH II shortage

I just did a quick internet search of a bunch of local Honda dealers here in CT, and came up with 8 2008 HCH II's in dealer stock.
Good luck with your search.

Edit: I tried searching on autotrader.com for your area, and came up with 4 2008 HCH II's. You might want to check that out.

Last edited by Gairwyn; 05-27-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Wo ai Zheng!

With gas going up, it doesn't surprise me. Toyota's had a bear of a time keeping the Prius in stock, and when people see that the Civic puts up just as high of numbers, and doesn't look like a flying saucer, it's an easy trade.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

One Tampa dealer told me that they would not get anymore HCH II's in until August. Another dealer contacted me today, and has a Magnetic Pearl Navi coming in next week. I put my deposit down on that one. This dealer told me that every HCH II that comes in has been pre-sold.

Old 05-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Enthusiast

With that kind of demand, what are you guys paying...?

Old 05-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Hybrid Owner

When I bought mine in January, all HCHs at all dealers had ADP stickers on them at that time. There were 12 available, most of them Silver w/o navigation. I got mine for just under sticker price, but that came with Honda Care, a tire/wheel replacement plan/warranty, and lots of dealer installed accessories.

As of right now there are 0 available within 150 miles of Memphis

Old 05-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kennedy
With that kind of demand, what are you guys paying...?
Full MSRP $24980 for Navi.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:12 AM
Enthusiast

Hi, my first post here! I'm in Midlothian VA.

I bought a new 2008 Civic Hybrid with navi 2 weeks ago. They took $500 off sticker, which came to just under 24,500. I also got 1.9% financing for 36 months. The dealer did state that they would not be getting any more hybrids for 3 months.

This forum has been great and helped me so much in making my choice for Honda.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KennyB
Hi, my first post here! I'm in Midlothian VA.

I bought a new 2008 Civic Hybrid with navi 2 weeks ago. They took $500 off sticker, which came to just under 24,500. I also got 1.9% financing for 36 months. The dealer did state that they would not be getting any more hybrids for 3 months.

This forum has been great and helped me so much in making my choice for Honda.
Did you buy your car off the lot, or did you pre-order it? That may make a difference. Cars that sit on the dealer's lot are costing them money every day it goes unsold. Therefore, it seems that they would be more motivated to offer a discount off MSRP.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: HCH II shortage

We had a "Smart" car on order for about a year. This purchase was going to be for my wife who was currently in an 03 Mazda 6. About a month ago we decided the Smart was not going to be the car to buy and started looking for a new Civic Hybrid in the Dallas area. Every dealer had the same story - none in stock - we'll presell you one from what we have coming in and it will be about 30 to 40 days. Went to a few dealers and worked a deal at sticker, $23,235 including destination (no nav) here in Dallas. After some negotiating this dealer allowed us $800 more for our trade than any other. Other dealers wanted as much as $500 over sticker. Also purchased the 8 year, 120,000 mile, $0 deductible, Hondacare warranty for $1000. This was after they started at $1995 for it but armed with info I picked up on this forum that you could buy the warranty online from any dealer ($1000 from Bernardi Honda) they relented and sold it to us for that price. Financed at 2.9% through Honda for 5 years to keep the payment down. Someone dropped off the waiting list and we took delivery in 2 weeks about 10 days ago. Thanks

Last edited by Hopeto; 05-29-2008 at 12:25 PM.

Quick Reply: HCH II shortage

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands