HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Hch iii

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 11:01 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Hch iii

Opinions on the next-gen Civic Hybrid? Anyone seen one? Driven one? Bought one? When will there be a new HCH III sub-forum?

Last edited by stevenvillatoro; 02-19-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:14 AM
Hyper-Everything'er
Default Re: Hch iii

All I've seen is this picture. It looks photoshopped. In this picture it looks like it is 4WD, and the wheels look worse than the HCHII's.

I love the center mount exhaust on the Si though

Old 02-20-2011, 08:06 AM

I don't car for the new look. I will hang onto my HCH2. H

Old 02-20-2011, 09:48 AM
Arrow Re: Hch iii

First the Insight II... AND NOW THIS! If I had stock in Honda, I'd be selling it real quick. I'll be the first on this forum to say what the press has been saying about the new, redesigned Civic — What could they have been thinking??? "The crystal ball is getting cloudy..."

Old 02-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

For those interested in seeing more pictures of the 2012 Civic models , take a look at: Temple of VTEC. It's a site for Honda and Acura fans.

So far the only technical details about the 2012 Hybrid model are that it will feature Li-ion batteries and a 1.5 litre motor similar to the CR-Z. It also appears to use the same sedan body as regular Civics. Perhaps they have relocated the battery pack to the trunk floor so that a folding rear seat is possible. This is only a guess on my part at the moment.

Others have harshly criticized the publicity photos which give the car an elevated stance. Speculation is that they were poorly photo-shopped when the background was added. I'm sure the actual cars will look better. Did you notice the strip of blue LEDs that appear in the grille?

Cheers,

Roger

Last edited by Dream'R; 02-20-2011 at 03:39 PM. Reason: fixed typos
Old 02-20-2011, 07:32 PM

I don't think there is that big a difference between the 2011 and 2012 models, although there does seem to be something funky going on where the trunk deck meets the taillight on the 2012. It kinda looks like the car has a pimple on it's butt. Of course the 2012 is still a concept:

2011:

Name:  2011civichybrid.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  30.5 KB

2012:

Name:  2012-civic-hybrid-01.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  29.2 KB

Regardless I am more intrigued that Honda will finally be making a parallel, plug in hybrid model. Too bad it looks like it will only be used on the mid-size platform. At least initially.

http://automobiles.honda.com/plug-in-hybrid/

Name:  HondaPlug-inHybridConcept-OfficialSite_1298258510332.png
Views: 144
Size:  421.0 KB

Old 02-20-2011, 07:59 PM
Enthusiast

AWD look I did not care for or the 4 window pillars, the interior looks sloppy especially the air vents and steering wheel with the switch pads looks cheap IMO.I like the racing wheel look on my 2010 Hybrid or current civic.

I thought i made a mistake and should have held off for the 2012, i'm glad i purchased as the current model will sell out before this beast get's released IMO.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:40 AM

AWD look I did not care for or the 4 window pillars...
I doubt the production model will have this kind of clearance.

I hadn't noticed the extra window pillar they added in front of the side view mirror; I wonder if this will be in the production model and if it is will it be an operational vent window.

That would be kind of cool...

Old 02-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Veteran Mechanic

I fully agree with the dash being a downgrade of sorts, well IMO. here is my slightly cluttered dash vs the 2012 dash.

/

I see cheaper plastics and a poorer general appearance myself….. Although they do get a leather wrapped steering wheel. I like my rubber one with plenty of grip though.

Even though they listened to us and moved the E brake handle over about 2 inches to the right it seems.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I HATE the new dash, looks cheap and tacked together...for some reason reminds me of a low end GM like a 10 yr old Lumina maybe...not going to be something I buy..of course, maybe it looks great in person but I don't see how.

Quick Reply: Hch iii

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands