HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCH2 - IMA battery reconditioning

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 03:14 PM
Enthusiast
Default HCH2 - IMA battery reconditioning

Hello

I'm glad I found such a helpful forum I have read a lot of threads on this forum and am impressed by the ability of car users to give them a second life

I would also like to restore the performance of my battery In the first place I want to apologize for my English I am from Europe and my first language is not English
My Honda civic was produced in 2008 but the first owner registered a car in early 2009. I am the second owner and the car is mine for half a year I bought it with the knowledge that the battery needs some action.
The ima light, sometimes lit up and already known all the error codes P0A7F and P1570.

I think my battery is not in very bad condition due to the climate I live in, and the car's mileage of 93,000 km But the battery jumps from 3 bars to 8. But still, it work pretty well

My English is not good enough to understand everything you write. Some solutions are from around 2011 and others from 2016 I would like to find some of the most effective solution for battery improvement. I bought two IMAX b6AC chargers. I wanted to start charging and discharging my batteries.

I have no problem removing the IMA battery. But I also read that attempting to repair the battery in this way is not very effective, Some people write that first better use grid charger. Of course the best way is to replace the battery but unfortunately I do not have enough money Even buying a $ 400 grid charger is not possible for me ... I would like to ask you for help.
Should I start with the IMAX b6 charger? If so, how to start after removing the battery from the housing? What setting to use when charging single stick. I know that you answered all these questions in the previous threads but there are so many that I find divergent information..

I will be very grateful for any help

Old 07-27-2017, 12:07 AM
Training wheels fitted
Default Re: HCH2 - IMA battery reconditioning

Hi Lukasz,
It has been a while since I visited this forum. My mk2 batterhy pack was also behaving erratically but I have dealt with it by means of building my own grid charger.
I charge my battery overnight twice a year, with full discharge/charge cycle every other time.
You can start by disconnecting the battery (under the bonnet one) and allowing the IMA computer to force a charge and calibrate. Do it a couple of times consecutively, it should help for long enough while you have built your own charger.
Any questions, see my posts on the subject or send me a PM.
Best of luck!

Old 07-27-2017, 12:25 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Coval
Hi Lukasz,
It has been a while since I visited this forum. My mk2 batterhy pack was also behaving erratically but I have dealt with it by means of building my own grid charger.
I charge my battery overnight twice a year, with full discharge/charge cycle every other time.
You can start by disconnecting the battery (under the bonnet one) and allowing the IMA computer to force a charge and calibrate. Do it a couple of times consecutively, it should help for long enough while you have built your own charger.
Any questions, see my posts on the subject or send me a PM.
Best of luck!

thank you for reply

so i need to switch ima to off under back seats. Next turn it on again and run wehicle right?

Old 07-27-2017, 06:38 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

No. IMA switch ON

Disconnect 12V battery (-) cable for 1 minute
Reconnect 12V battery (-) cable
Start car
Allow car to charge IMA at engine dle. Do not drive.
Continue idling until charge stops.

Repeat 3 times.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:53 AM
Training wheels fitted

Sent you a PM with more detailed step by step instructions.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:08 PM
Enthusiast

Sent you a PM with more detailed step by step instructions.

I disconnected the 12V battery 3 times. Each time it starts to recharge from null But the third time, the ima battery charged for about 20 seconds from zero to full.

And it was always
-0 bar
-1 bar
-2 bars
-3 bars
-7 bard
-8 bars

If you know what i mean

Old 07-27-2017, 12:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

That is confirmation the pack is as full as it can be with in-car charging.

If you can, continuing to do it daily will provide additional benefit.

Have you removed the IMA battery cover?

Old 07-27-2017, 12:16 PM
Training wheels fitted

Yep, it means your IMA battery is fully charged and the controller is in tune with it.
When you notice the charge indicator behaving erratically, repeat this process 3 times.

Grid charge/discarge/charge cycle is more in depth and its effects last longer. Building one is cheap and isn't difficult (even I managed) but you need to know the basics of electronics.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:18 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
That is confirmation the pack is as full as it can be with in-car charging.

If you can, continuing to do it daily will provide additional benefit.

Have you removed the IMA battery cover?

nope not yet
but i bought 2 x imax b6

I want to do it But I want to first collect information on how to charge batteries with this charger

Building a grid charger also seems interesting

Old 07-27-2017, 12:21 PM
Enthusiast

Yep, it means your IMA battery is fully charged and the controller is in tune with it.
When you notice the charge indicator behaving erratically, repeat this process 3 times.

Grid charge/discarge/charge cycle is more in depth and its effects last longer. Building one is cheap and isn't difficult (even I managed) but you need to know the basics of electronics.

I have a friend who is very good at electronics he will help me

Quick Reply: HCH2 - IMA battery reconditioning

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands