HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCH2 Longevity Poll: Who has the highest mileage & how reliable has you Civ been?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 01:28 PM
Enthusiast
Default HCH2 Longevity Poll: Who has the highest mileage & how reliable has you Civ been?

I'm wondering who on this site has the current highest actual mileage on their GEN2 Civic Hybrid and on a scale of 1-10 how reliable has the Civ been for you including any major repairs during that time?

Old 01-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Just me...
Default Re: HCH2 Longevity Poll: Who has the highest mileage & how reliable has you Civ been?

i know it's not me... i've only had mine for about a month and a half, and only put about 1600 miles on it. but i would be interested in hearing how high the numbers go.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH2 Longevity Poll: Who has the highest mileage & how reliable has you Civ been?

I've got 60k on my 2006 HCH II, and so far the only issue has been an air conditioning problem (hole in high-pressure line and condenser)

Old 01-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I've had my 2006 over two years.
I've gotten 64.2 MPG over 40 tanks calculated at the pump.

No major problems.
No minor problems - except I keep forgetting where the gas stations is because it's so long between fill ups.

"Papaya" in Japan reports higher lifetime average than me, 66.8 MPG over 36 tanks.
https://www.greenhybrid.com/compare/...a-civicii.html

Last edited by kenny; 01-24-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have over 18k on my 2006 HCH-II. No major problems. Minor is just the off track driver's side window.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Part Time Hybrids

31,000+ miles 2006 civic. It started as just a commuter car but now it does everything except bring kids and their gear to campus. That's the SUV's only job atm

9/10 reliability. No issues other than simple recalls and my little Samba questions. Only minor concern is creaky plastics when turning but I just figure it's the cold weather.

A big improvement coming from american and german cars.

Last edited by Sungod18; 01-24-2008 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kenny
I've had my 2006 over two years.
I've gotten 64.2 MPG over 40 tanks calculated at the pump.

No major problems.
No minor problems - except I keep forgetting where the gas stations is because it's so long between fill ups.

"Papaya" in Japan reports higher lifetime average than me, 66.8 MPG over 36 tanks.
https://www.greenhybrid.com/compare/...a-civicii.html
Kenny,

how in the world are you getting that kind of MPG's?? VERY IMPRESSIVE!! I've only had three tanks since I've owned the car for 5 weeks but have averaged nearly 47mpg and that's in Chicago so I'm hoping for some really high numbers this spring/summer. As an interesting side note my buddy owns a 2005 Toyota Prius with nearly 38k now and has never gotten better than 46mpg (as calculated by hand) per tank so I'm wondering why everyone assumes that the Prius is the only way to go as far as hybrids are concerned??

Old 01-25-2008, 04:16 AM
Enthusiast

I will hit 50K miles this week in 13 months of driving. Overall reliability has been very good. No power train or IMA problems at all. The only issues I've had have been the driver's side window alignment and wearing a hole in the factory floor mat. I'm averaging 50 MPG with New England weather and topography and Boston traffic.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:41 AM
HypoFueler

Will hit ~23k miles at 1 year (end of Feb).

9/10 - Only two issues so far (1) the drivers side window track problem and (2) dealer may have forgot to check alignment at delivery - caused my Dunlops to wear out already and yep the alignment was way off.

Otherwise, does its job well with great FE.

Jason - your doing fine if you are getting tanks in the 40s in Chicago winters. Spring and Summer will get you tanks in the 50s or even 60s! Im down in the 40s now in Ohio...

Old 01-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SilverStar
Kenny,

how in the world are you getting that kind of MPG's??

All the usual stuff you will find all over this site.

Mostly I pretend my brakes have failed.

I read that the hybrid system can recover only 30% of the kinetic enerty and return it to kinetic energy.
That means 70% is wasted.
I'd rather waste 0%.

I shoot for this by going as far as possible on the gas I just used to get up to speed.
This means I must leave a lot room in front of me when I dirve.

Of course I also balance it with trying to be safe and considerate - somewhat.

Also I'm in Southern California.
No snow, little rain, no hills, no passengers, drive 53 MPH in the rightmost of 5 lanes.

Last edited by kenny; 01-25-2008 at 03:00 PM.

Quick Reply: HCH2 Longevity Poll: Who has the highest mileage & how reliable has you Civ been?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands