HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

The honey moon is over.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 04:43 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: The honey moon is over.

I don't think the reason for Prius popularity is build quality so much as the features and availability, and a degree of "oh, look at me in my Prius!" for some. My purchase was based mainly on the fact that it has the cargo capacity and configuration of a miniaturized SUV whereas I had been struggling with my 2-door Accord. But put a HCH wagon in front of me and I would have had a very tough decision to make! Unfortunately I couldn't even find a HCH to test drive, whereas the 25 Prius sitting on one particular dealer's lot gave me a pretty solid bargaining chip.

There are also a few gearhead reasons that I thought the Prius **might** be a bit more reliable over the long-haul, though those reasons are probably unfounded. But there are other gearhead reasons that make me almost certain that a Civic would give me slightly better fuel economy in the kind of driving that I generally do (plenty of city but biased toward highway overall.) So I had to choose what is most important to me. I bought the right car for my needs, and a Civic just as easily could have been the right car under different circumstances.

Speaking of which, you must have gone through the decision making process that led you to a HCH over a Prius. At least some of those reasons must remain valid, yes? What were they?

Old 02-20-2007, 10:34 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brick
you must have gone through the decision making process that led you to a HCH over a Prius. At least some of those reasons must remain valid, yes? What were they?
That is a good question. I started a new thread just for this question. I'm sure I'll learn a lot more about pros and cons of both cars - looking forward!

cheers

Old 02-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Enthusiast

I have had my HCHII for about a month and a half and overall I am very satisfied but I agree about the seats being uncomfortable. After about an hour driving, my back is really feeling it, the seats are like rocks. I am going to have to strap a pillow to the seat or something.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:32 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paymaster
I have had my HCHII for about a month and a half and overall I am very satisfied but I agree about the seats being uncomfortable. After about an hour driving, my back is really feeling it, the seats are like rocks. I am going to have to strap a pillow to the seat or something.
You might like this:

http://www.tempurpedic.com/TempurCMS...omfortcushion/

Old 02-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Enthusiast

LOL. Thanks, I just might get the lumbar one.

Old 02-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Enthusiast

try good quality sheepskin seat covers. They make a dramatic difference in comfort by filling in low spots and add a bit of extra cushion. Plus they really do keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:55 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AJNadershahi
try good quality sheepskin seat covers. They make a dramatic difference in comfort by filling in low spots and add a bit of extra cushion. Plus they really do keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
They also block the side airbags.

Try seat "vests".

Old 02-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Enthusiast

That only applies if you get generic covers. Custom fitted sheepskins accommodate safety and specific seat dimensions.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by AJNadershahi
That only applies if you get generic covers. Custom fitted sheepskins accommodate safety and specific seat dimensions.
Can you post pics? I've never seen them with custom cut-outs for the sideairbags.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:29 AM

Here's a pic of how much room the side airbag would need. I'd like some more information on this custom seat cover that doesn't impede this safety feature.

Quick Reply: The honey moon is over.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands