HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

The honey moon is over.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: The honey moon is over.

Just call any of the reputable sheepskin manufacturers and talk with them. They will confirm that their covers accommodate side airbags.

Take a look here; http://comfysheep.com The online form even has space for side airbag option.

I don't use this company, as I have mine made by a local shop.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I am impressed. Thanks for the link.

Here's a pic:

Old 02-23-2007, 05:54 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by molex
I'm so glad this is a company car, if I'd shelled out money for this car I'd be at my dealer taking a big loss on it trading it in.
Molex - You are entitled to your opinions and emotions and others have already covered these in the post. I will step up to say that your Company is one of the few I have seen to offer a Hybrid to an employee for a company car - bravo to them (where do you work?). If you do not want to drive this car then you are saying that you would be willing to drive your Tundra pick-up at 20 mpg vs. the Civic at 50 mpg? Your company would be paying you $2.50 for 1 gallon of gas to drive 50 miles but you would be paying $6.25 to drive the same distance (consuming 2.5 gallons). That is $3.75 per 50 miles ($0.075/mile) out of your own pocket to not drive the Civic Hybrid. How many miles do you drive in a week? If you drive even 200 miles then you would be paying $15 out of your own pocket each week to drive your Tundra. Maybe that is enough for you to park the Civic and drive the Tundra. I drive 1,000 miles a week so if I were in your boat it would be costing me $75 a week to drive a Tundra instead of my Civic and I don't think any car would be worth driving each week for $75 out of my pocket each week (except perhaps Schumacher's personal Ferrari or Danica Patrick's red Civic Coupe from her commercial).

Very few of us have gotten less than 40-45 mpg in the car so I'm not sure how your mileage claims are making you so mad. Even through 3 months of winter I am still averaging within 0.5 mpg of the bottom EPA number and in the heat of summer I'm well above the EPA numbers as are most other owners. Good luck I guess.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Enthusiast

I love this car. It feels solid and tight going over speed bumps. The rear headrests do get in the way tho. I also noticed that other drivers don't give me the respect that I got driving my expedition. That's the hardest thing to get used to. They assume I'm a tree hugger. Not. Just environmentally responsible. And saving over a 1000 a yr on gas is nice.