HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

How do I really know my IMA battery was replaced?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 10:47 PM
Enthusiast
Default How do I really know my IMA battery was replaced?

My IMA battery was replaced over two weeks ago, so says the dealer. Just about the same time this new "recall" computer flash came out. I don't have the battery dumps and recharges and loss of power anymore. The battery does get depleated within a few miles, but it stays at four bars and I still don't get any assist. My MPG went from 30-35 to 35-40, but not close to the 50mpg I used to get for the first 3 years.
So I was wondering, besides looking at the service reciept that says they replaced the IMA, How do I really know?
Thanks,
Tom

Old 09-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: How do I really know my IMA battery was replaced?

Yeah, not only that, but what kind of battery exactly did you get? My wife was singing about how nice it was to have a "new battery" when Honda replaced ours, but maybe they have some place refurbishing them for warranty replacements?

Old 09-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How do I really know my IMA battery was replaced?

I read somewhere there is some sort of "core charge". Someone was asking if they could keep the old battery, and was told no.

It could be when you get a new battery only the actual battery cells are new, the chassis and electronics are re-used. I'd have no problem with that, especially if it brought the price down, though that doesn't seem to be happening as yet.