HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

How much gas and money are you REALLY saving ????

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 06:13 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: How much gas and money are you REALLY saving ????

Hey noflash,

It's funny that you mention $5 gas; I keep on telling my wife that $5 would do the US good. The average US consumer has a memory of guppy. When regular was $3/gallon, everyone abandoned their full sized SUV / trucks. When gas came down to $2/gallon, their sales increased almost overnight.

In Houston, I am constantly amazed at the number of full sized SUV with only one person driving it. I too pray for $5 gas. We are so spoiled to think that cheap gas is our right.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:25 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I know! It kills me that so many Americans are so short-sighted.

It's too bad the Dems wont have to cojones to up the gas tax.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Opec Nightmare

The other big savings we noticed is the savings in speeding tickets. We do drive much safer in our HCH II which also effects insurance rates, repairs costs, maintance costs, etc. How well it drives and how nice it looks for the buck is also impressive to us.

Last edited by bear15; 12-06-2006 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default This is a fun litle car with its own allure

Originally Posted by bear15
The other big savings we noticed is the savings in speeding tickets.
I always drive safely, but with the Civic, I just tend to drive much slower. With my Porsche, the fun of that car is driving very fast, and sportily. With the Civic it is like driving a nice comfortable video game. The objective of the hybrid game is get the highest score in the bottom of the Tach. Each game is a trip somewhere. I enjoy that as much as driving like a lunatic in my P-car.

My other fun little car:

It gets 28 mpg at 80 mph

Old 12-07-2006, 06:14 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: This is a fun litle car with its own allure

Originally Posted by Orient Express
I always drive safely, but with the Civic, I just tend to drive much slower. With my Porsche, the fun of that car is driving very fast, and sportily. With the Civic it is like driving a nice comfortable video game. The objective of the hybrid game is get the highest score in the bottom of the Tach. Each game is a trip somewhere. I enjoy that as much as driving like a lunatic in my P-car.

My other fun little car:

It gets 28 mpg at 80 mph
Ah Gary you bring up good memories of my Porsches past (both Boxsters); memories of my German cabriolets past too (SLK's and Z3's as well). I have been scouring online for good 03 Turbos. It amazing how much they depreciate! I have also been looking at 996 Cabriolets as well. We radically switched our cars once I got married and realized that I wanted to start a family. I think my wife and I need to readjust and get a fun "us" weekend car.

Old 12-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Opec Nightmare
Default Re: This is a fun litle car with its own allure

Ahh... if you have a Porshe, you also know how expensive car insurance etc. can be. Cheers!

Originally Posted by Orient Express

My other fun little car:

It gets 28 mpg at 80 mph

Old 12-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default Insurance, yikes!

The insurance on the Porsche is $690 a year and the Civic is $630 for the same period. If I had that extra $60 in the bank, I could buy almost 3 tanks of gas!

Old 12-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Enthusiast

Hi

I would like to get same advise from you.

I bought HONDA ACCORD Hybrid car 7 mths ago , and car has 7000, every moths around 1000K.

In first three moths (3K) I have good performance 6l/100km h-way and 9l/100km in City.

But after that in June something change and last month 11(h-way) and 16 in City!

I was calling customer services 5-6 times, they doesn’t want to talk about that, they told me:

Performance that advertising is not guarantee (I have employer. number and name who told me)

Also they told me this is because: whether, drawing, rain, tires…….,

I was tring to explain I have more 22 years experience , more that 50 cars in my life and I am Professional Eng in Mechanical /Electrical, difference can be off 10-2% but no 90-100%.

They didn’t believe me but they took car 10 days ago and they did same they test and result was 11.5 on h-way, and they told me that is normal.

I blow out and I rejected to take car back for this performance and it is more badly that regular car. The regular car is 7.5 on h-way and they told me that 11. 5 good and NORMAL!!.

They give me same small r. car ( I need pay insurance,)

I was calling after that them Customer Support and dealership and I told them that I will call TV, Radio newspaper if they give me car back with this result, and they testing car every day.

I heard that came two engineers two dealership from Plant and one from Japan to see the car etc…

Nobody call me after last Friday seven days ago!

I am so frustrated and disappoint abut this situation do you have any advise, how I can protect better myself as customer. I don’t like to get back refurbishment car!

Thanks

Dan

Toronto
ymsd@sympatico.ca

Old 12-14-2006, 08:05 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

Dan, I see you are in Toronto. For the season that we're in the mileage you are getting out of your accord hybrid is actually OK. Weather does play a big role especially for us canadians. For you it is even better than for some of us in the much colder provinces.

However, you say that the lower fuel economy started in June so scratch the weather as a main reason. Did you try contacting another dealership?

Oh, by the way, did your driving habits change? Could you tells us a little about that?

Also what is your tire pressure typically at? Do you monitor it at all?

belive it or not, the last two issues alone can help explain the discrepancy in fuel economy you report.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 12-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Enthusiast

Msantos,
I see your lack of knowlege,
Test 11.5 on h_way was done when temp. outside 10C, and no rain for 100 km.
If you think that is good, I don't want to educated you

You can see that is big. difference between 11.5 and 6 that advetaisng, actually I had to sue Honda to get them to do something about my defective vehicle.
Thanks
D

Quick Reply: How much gas and money are you REALLY saving ????

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands