HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

How often do you encounter Forced Regen?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 05:54 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default How often do you encounter Forced Regen?

I'm just curious about how often HCH2 drivers encounter Forced Regen. I've had my car for over 2 months and have had it happen twice. How big of an FE hit do you take when this happens?

Thanks!

Old 06-18-2006, 06:31 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How often do you encounter Forced Regen?

I am in Phoenix, AZ where it is it super hot and just since I started using the A/C, I have noticed it about 1 - 2 times per week. I am not sure how big an FE hit this takes but it sure feels big.

I put the air on auto at 86 degrees and it still does this. Any ideas anyone? I have Magnetic Pearl, my windows are tinted, I leave them down just a bit during the day and I do not have covered parking.

Old 06-18-2006, 07:12 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I get the forced regen on a daily basis. When I am coasting along in EV mode, the forced regen kicks in as soon as the charge drops to 4 bars.

Old 06-18-2006, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Kite
I get the forced regen on a daily basis. When I am coasting along in EV mode, the forced regen kicks in as soon as the charge drops to 4 bars.
Similar siatuation for me. Climbing the 800 ft hill to get home, the SOC drops to 4 bars by the time we're half way up the hill, and then forced regen kicks in. It's really annoying because it makes the engine work harder going up the hill instead of assisting, and I know that I could get that regen for free when I come back down the hill.

Old 06-18-2006, 03:12 PM

I'd guess the best hypermilers experience it more because they are always trying to avoid getting up to a speed they have to brake down from.

Old 06-18-2006, 10:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Depends on where I go mountains usually get me into trouble with a forced regen. I don't get it to often though.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

i've noticed that ima seems to like to try and keep the mpg at around 50 when it can. i've seen my force regen come on cruising along at 60mph and 4 bars of battery. at this time, my mpg is above 50mpg but not 100mpg (ice is still running). as soon as the mpg drops to 50mpg or below, the forced regen goes off immediately.

Old 06-19-2006, 12:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'm in forced Regen a great deal.

I live in a very hilly area and the roads I drive are very hilly even though they are highways and relatively straight.

Plus I was stuck in terrible traffic yesterday so it really took a big bite.

The good news-when I return home today I'm starting with full charge.

Old 06-20-2006, 07:33 AM
Enthusiast

It seems that the charger moves the state of charge around sometimes I will get 1 or 2 green bars even when the battery is almost at full charge. Then other times with 5 or 6 bars under the same load it will not show any green bars. I have one spot on my way to work thats fairly level and I can go 1 mile at 40mph with 4 bars of assist and 100mpg until I get down to 4bars of battery then I will get a forced regen. By using full IMA you do not seem to gain overall mpg. There must be overall losses in converting ICE energy into battery and then IMA energy. So I usually only go electric only mode when I have a 6 or more bars on the battery. This is a fun car to drive.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

Got stuck in bumper to bumper in hollywood. It was blazing hot that day, so I had the AC on. My car dropped to 2 bars. Freaked me out.

It quickly regenned after traffic started moving. My mpg dropped by about 5.

Quick Reply: How often do you encounter Forced Regen?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands