HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Hungarian Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 07:44 AM
Proud owner HCHII
Default F1 Hungarian Grand Prix

Honda with Jenson Button of England driving won the Hungarian Grand Prix on Sunday 6th August! Happily, the President and CEO of Honda, Takeo Fukui, was there to receive the Constructors Prize. A well deserved and popular first Grand Prix win for a great company. Honda Racing is based at Brackley, Northants in England. For more details see www.honda-racing.co.uk

Last edited by Tulip; 08-07-2006 at 02:34 AM. Reason: update
Old 08-06-2006, 08:42 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hungarian Grand Prix

The rain turned things upside down. Good for H.

Old 08-07-2006, 12:01 AM
Enthusiast

My local F1 team

I love driving Hungaroring on computer simulations but normally it's a bit of a crap procession. The rain turned it into the best race in years. The result was just fantastic. Honda and Jenson worked for that result

Old 08-07-2006, 07:14 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

It was a gifted win. But being at the right place and right time is a huge factor in F1... so a win nonetheless.

Old 08-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Enthusiast

Gifted? Were you watching the same race? Jenson was one of the few drivers not to make a mistake. He started 14th with a less than ideal setup (he couldn't choose his fuel strategy like those around him). He made his tyres last longer than most people. He was one of the fastest drivers while the so called world championships couldn't even stay on the road.

A gifted win would have been if everyone that started above him (ie;13 cars) had fallen off the track. Jenson and Honda fought for that result. It might only have been possible because of the weather but that was affected every other driver and team. He won.

Old 08-07-2006, 08:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AndrueC
Gifted?
It was his first podium finish and it just so happened to be in the rain. He lucked out. Forza!!!!!

Old 08-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Enthusiast

I disagree. "Lucked out" would mean that anyone starting form 14th with limited fuel choices in those conditions could have won. I can't accept that. Both Jenson and Honda worked very hard to get that result. He didn't just drive round and round and happen to be the first across the line. He overtook people. He kept his car on the road.

Honda and Jenson did a fantastic job in the conditions they were faced with. A lot of other teams and drivers did not.

Old 08-07-2006, 11:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

Alright then, we'll see if it happens again

Old 08-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Proud owner HCHII

I am not sure why some of our members are so grudging in their praise for Honda Racing's achievement? Without success you quickly get the FCO saying "can we really afford this"? Look what happened to Jaguar.

Toyota and Honda are making a huge investment to try and catch up Renault, Mercedes, BMW and Ferrari and Sunday's result will have been a real tonic! F1 can be boring unless there is unpredictability. I for one am delighted.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AndrueC
Gifted? Were you watching the same race? Jenson was one of the few drivers not to make a mistake. He started 14th with a less than ideal setup (he couldn't choose his fuel strategy like those around him). He made his tyres last longer than most people. He was one of the fastest drivers while the so called world championships couldn't even stay on the road.

A gifted win would have been if everyone that started above him (ie;13 cars) had fallen off the track. Jenson and Honda fought for that result. It might only have been possible because of the weather but that was affected every other driver and team. He won.
I would say that it's not gifted if it were a dry race... let's see what he can do next race. I would not be surprised if RB does better.

Yes I watched the race, and if you forgot, you had Alonso easily winning the race only to lose because of a wheel nut not being put on correctly.

Quick Reply: Hungarian Grand Prix

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands