HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

IMA Battery charging

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: IMA Battery charging

Their invoice said PCV/CVT/IMA software updated and idle relearned. What is a PCV? Maybe a typo and meant PCM. Don't know...Does anyone?

Old 12-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by linx3566
Could you enlighten me on what the software update has done to my car? Thanks
I have the American version of the update, but I'm not sure it is exactly the same as the Canadian version. For me, the update DID decrease the frequency of regens that I was experiencing, although it hasn't gotten rid of them completly.

With the upgrades, I can now glide with 4 bars of battery, whereas I used to need 5 bars to enter glide. If it is 5 bars or above, the assist affinity has increased, and if it is 4 bars or below, the assist affinity has decreased compared to the original programing. Assist affinity how how much assist the car likes to use in a given situation.

There are times when it seems to drop to 3 bars pretty quickly from 5. I think those are situations that used to be recalibrations. I RARELY used to see less than 4 bars
but frequently do now so it is using the pack a little more.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

I really need to vent in how disappointed I am with Honda Motor Company and my 06 Civic Hybrid. I have been in the automotive industry and employed by a domestic manufacturer in the technical end of things for over thirty years and I have never been so frustrated with the lack of lack of customer service and product reliability by the once almighty and powerful Honda Corporation.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Probably the dealer you are going to has no "good will" left for you. As in this case they fixed a light indicating a problem but, an owner has to rely on the dealer's to look further to have the underlying problem solved or repaired. Even if warranty is in effect. Another example, its easy to point an obvious problem like rear tire wear, but its the dealer's "good will" or discretion to replace the suspension arms. Or they could say "thats normal" so your stuck with the problem warranty left or not.