HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Least Expensive Nav DVD

Old 08-27-2007, 06:51 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Least Expensive Nav DVD

My town and area have changed significantly since I bought my HCH II going on 2 years ago and I'm thinking about getting a new nav DVD. Where is the least expensive place to get the Honda navi DVDs? How often is the map data updated? I tried to figure this out at the navi page of the Honda website but didn't have much luck.

Old 08-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Least Expensive Nav DVD

You should check with someone who has the new DVDs so see if many changes are made. I know that nav companies are usually pretty slow at that stuff. I'm not sure where to get them though. Sorry.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:57 PM
Energy Independence

You see them every now and then on eBay.
You have to wonder if it's the real thing or a copy. Although a copy would most likely work, technically (if not legally).

Old 08-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hmmm... Good question. Can one duplicate a NAVI DVD... There are some folks who have burned a disk so that they could change the background and I believe they also disable the need for the touching of the OK button on the touchscreen.

But I believe they still use the factory NAV disk after they are done making the mods. Been too afraid of messing mine up to play with it. As I am one of those "If its not broken don't fix it" people.