HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Light on of (ABS) & (Break System) & auto-stop feature doesn't work?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 11:02 AM
Enthusiast
Default Light on of (ABS) & (Break System) & auto-stop feature doesn't work?

I have HCH 2006
I went to mechanic to repair something in the axis of the right front wheel and after he repair it, the light of (ABS) & (Break System) always on, I don't know why and the mechanical try to rest the diagnostic codes and the problem is still there..

The big problem also when this lights appeared in ...the same time the autostop feature doesn't work at all, and I feel like the engine want to stop and the PRM drop slightly and return to normal position...

What I can do ? The not professional mechanic told me I have to replace the ABS sensor in the right front wheel, is that right ?

Old 11-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Light on of (ABS) & (Break System) & auto-stop feature doesn't work?

What I can do ? The not professional mechanic told me I have to replace the ABS sensor in the right front wheel, is that right ?

I'm not certain for sure, but there must be some sort of wiring harness to this ABS sensor? Have a look and see if its un-plugged or wire damaged. The "not professional mechanic" may have missed hooking it back up after he finished your repair. On the other hand if he broke the sensor while fixing your other problem you may have no choice but to replace this part.

Old 11-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Light on of (ABS) & (Break System) & auto-stop feature doesn't work?

Thank u, but what about auto-stop feature why it does'nt work is this related to the same problem (ABS sensor) and it will again work well after the lights of (ABS) & (Break System) disapear ?

Old 07-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Enthusiast

Hi

I have this problem boht lights are on after the mecanic reapir something, in my case they start the car with unplug the abs harnes so i don't know if code are still store or if is a wire problem because was working good before.

how did you solve this problem ?

Old 07-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Enthusiast

Hey robinhn2001..
I found that the mechanic was broke my ABS when he was trying to fix something...
I bought a new ABS and after I replace the broken one with the new, everything back to normal..

Old 07-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for your answer.

did you reset any code after change the sensor or is automatic ?

i mean to light abs goes off

i guess the mecanic broke my sensor too i´m no sure yet, i´ll check it

Regards.

Old 06-18-2014, 04:57 PM
Enthusiast

My ABS sensor broke when my friend was replacing my passenger side wheel bearing. At the same time the auto stop stopped working. Thought they may be related, glad to hear that they are! My mechanic friend did not know as he has never worked on a hybrid before. Getting the sensor replaced in couple of days.