HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Major problem in transmission

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Enthusiast
Default Major problem in transmission

I have HCH 2006 at 56 k mile, suddenly I notice that when I shift the gearbox to D (or S ,L) the car make a loud noise (like a kick sound when u engage the gear incorrectly in manual transmission) and after that when I continue driving I feel that I have to push the throttle more to get the expected speed and I hear also strange sound (like something rub over some metal thing !)

By the way, The car running smoothly when I drive on reverse (R) and I want to mention also that I replaced the CVT fluid at 54 k mile but the CVT fluid wasn't specified for honda it was universal and now when I check the CVT fluid I notice that it's transparent and I couldn't point out the fluid level !

Old 08-25-2010, 04:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Major problem in transmission

I would change it over to Honda CVT oil ASP. I would do the three time change for good measure. Drive between changes to mix the oils together before the next drain and refill. Good luck, H

Old 08-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by drabood
I have HCH 2006 at 56 k mile, suddenly I notice that when I shift the gearbox to D (or S ,L) the car make a loud noise (like a kick sound when u engage the gear incorrectly in manual transmission) and after that when I continue driving I feel that I have to push the throttle more to get the expected speed and I hear also strange sound (like something rub over some metal thing !)

By the way, The car running smoothly when I drive on reverse (R) and I want to mention also that I replaced the CVT fluid at 54 k mile but the CVT fluid wasn't specified for honda it was universal and now when I check the CVT fluid I notice that it's transparent and I couldn't point out the fluid level !
For sure get the honda fluid in! I wouldn't risk anything else. when you replace it, the drain plug is also a magnet, i'd be curious how much filings have accumulated on it now vs. your first change (mine only had a very thin layer of metal power, i assume its wear on the belt rubbing on the pulleys since they constantly change their diameters for the various gear ratios.)

As for the kerthunk, mine will do that and be more difficult to pull out of park if I don't set the parking brake BEFORE I put it in park on an incline.

So if you park on an incline, set the parking brake first while still in drive and not moving, then put it in park. The puts the stopping force on the rear brakes and will save wear and tear on the tranny's parking pawls, should hopefully get rid of your kerthuck when pulling it out of park.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Arrow Re: Major problem in transmission

Originally Posted by iridium130m
So if you park on an incline, set the parking brake first while still in drive and not moving, then put it in park. The puts the stopping force on the rear brakes and will save wear and tear on the tranny's parking pawls, should hopefully get rid of your kerthuck when pulling it out of park.
Great tip, thanks!

Old 08-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks every body....
I went to the dealer and they said that my ( ROD, TORQUE (LOWER) ) was broken, this part is one of ENGINE MOUNTS parts.
They replaced it by one new and every thing back to normal

Old 08-28-2010, 07:21 AM

Good to hear! Now ASAP (if you haven't already), I would follow Harold's advice regarding the CVT fluid. The Owners Manual is quite emphatic: only Honda's CVT fluid should be used.