HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

My new license plate

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 06:44 AM
Joe Go Slow!
Default My new license plate

My new plate showed up yesterday . Along wit hthe 55mpg euro-sticker, hopefully folks will start to understand the true capabilities of this great car!

Last edited by JoeFuture; 08-06-2008 at 09:00 AM. Reason: fixed picture link
Old 08-06-2008, 07:38 AM
Excited to have it!
Default Re: My new license plate

Yeah that's awesome! I just got my stickers, too. I got the Greenhybrid.com sticker and I also just put my 60 MPG sticker on the car this morning after my second 60 MPG tank in a row. That was my goal.

Did you put the sticker directly on the car? I put mine on a magnet and then cut it out? I prefer the magnet, because they are quickly removable. I can also have several that I can swap out so the people behind me don't get bored.

I have got to remember to take pictures!

Old 08-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Joe Go Slow!

60? Wow! I was just about to upgrade to 58mpg, but maybe I'll push myself a little harder first

Yeah, I put it directly on the car. A magnet would have beena better idea. Does it stick to the body of the Civic well? Maybe I'll scrape this one off and use a magnet when I upgrade.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Excited to have it!

Yeah, It stick well to the trunk area around the 'CIVIC' emblem and the 'HYBRID' emblem. Also just below the trunk spoiler and on the rear quarter panels.

The bumper is plastic, so no 'bumper' stickers...

Old 08-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Enthusiast

Where did you get the stickers? I'm new here...did they come from Greenhybrid.com?

Very cool plates! Love the idea!

HBJ

Old 08-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Joe Go Slow!

I got mine at mpgstickers.com. They have euro stickers for just about everything from 10mpg on up .

Old 08-07-2008, 02:49 AM
HypoFueler

Nice Plate - now the pressure is on you to keep beating EPA FE...

I got mine - 1 GPH last year.

Wait until you have driven a year (including Winter) - the 60s are nice now but may be difficult to average in February

Old 08-07-2008, 05:53 AM
Hybrid Evangelist

I haven't, and won't buy a glue based sticker. I did however fill out their survey and suggested that they sell static cling window emblems like a lot of college alumni associations are doing. I'd buy them since it's drop dead simple to upgrade your mpg. Simply peel off the old one and apply the new one.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:31 AM
Excited to have it!

I'm actually looking forward to fall and early winter, since I live near Charleston, SC...It's blazing HOT this week...supposed to be 99 degrees today.

Here's a picture of mine on the magnet right above the 'hybrid' emblem I took this morning with my phone. I hope to take better pics this weekend with a 'real' camera.

I also got mine at MPG stickers, via cafepress.com...Greenhybrid.com also has stickers on cafe press and I got this one.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands