HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

NAVI SYSTEM-What PCIMCIA card reader works best?

Old 07-16-2006, 10:37 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default NAVI SYSTEM-What PCIMCIA card reader works best?

My navi system has a slot for a PCIMCIA card reader so the stereo can play music on memory cards. Has anyone gotten one of these? Which ones work best?

Old 07-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: NAVI SYSTEM-What PCIMCIA card reader works best?

Just this past week I went to CompUSA looking for a PCMCIA CompactFlash Adapter. As I wasn't sure what I was looking for I talked to their tech people and they pointed me to a CompUSA brand PCMCIA CompactFlash Memory Reader/Writer Adapter and I decided on a PNY 512MB CompactFlash module. I told them that I hope this worked in the car and they told me not to worry because of CompUSA's 21 day return policy. So I bought the items and took them home to my notebook computer. Since it runs Windows XP the adapter and CompactFlash module were recognized with no problems. I copied a few mp3s to the module and went out to the car. The adapter and module work fine in the car. Since I only got this one, I can't give an opinion on which are the best.

Mark

Old 07-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: NAVI SYSTEM-What PCIMCIA card reader works best?

I am using a SanDisk PCMIA adapter. In it is a 4GB PQI compact flash card I purchased from Fry's. The combination works well. I've also used a Hitachi CFII PCMIA adapter with a Hitachi 2GB micro-drive.