HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Need Assistance - IMA light

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 07:16 AM
Enthusiast
Default Need Assistance - IMA light

Hello all, seems that I unwittingly purchased a 2006 Civic Hybrid with a hybrid battery issue. Purchased about a week back from a private owner, a few days later.. the IMA light and check engine light has come on.
I am located in MD, which is a state where the warranty has run out as of 8/80k. My car is at 105k.

What options do I have regarding a replacement of the battery? Best price, replace it myself? Are there other states besides CA where the battery is still warrantied?

So I noticed that there is a thread below, where the Poster was also in MD. Does anyone know which battery recall this could be? And would I have to pay the price of the diagnostic before they would find this recall code?

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...54/index5.html

Last edited by SuperiorWitt; 03-20-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:33 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Need Assistance - IMA light

My battery croaked at 120000 miles. I got one from http://allforeign.net/ they deliver from baltimore to Virginia Beach- you just need a shop for them to deliver to. Right now they are showing three batts for around $700. Mine was $600 last year. The first one had problems after one month but they happily replaced it under the 90 day warranty.

The second one had 27,000 miles on it and has been working fine since (another 30,000 miles)

CHanging the battery myself was easy. For the first one i changed just the battery itself- they sent hte whole battery pack including the controller and a blower ina big metal box but it was easier to swap just the cells- about 70 lb. the size of a bread box.

When i got the replacement battery I decided to replace the whole pack.

I sold the dead cells and and the controller on ebay for around $150

I am still very happy with that decision and happy with this car.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:43 AM
Enthusiast

Hi SWitt, I am the person in MD who got their battery replaced. I think just very recently they extended their warranty to 155k miles for the IMA battery. I would definitely take it to the dealer before you spend any money on a replacement battery. I do not know why they would replace mine at 145k and not yours at 105k. Hope it all works out for you.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:40 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dudeitsguenth
Hi SWitt, I am the person in MD who got their battery replaced. I think just very recently they extended their warranty to 155k miles for the IMA battery. I would definitely take it to the dealer before you spend any money on a replacement battery. I do not know why they would replace mine at 145k and not yours at 105k. Hope it all works out for you.
Brian,
I also live in MD, with my 2007 HCH going through numerous recals each day (6-10). I have only about 65k on my car and was under the impression that warranty was until 92k miles. I did not realize it was good for 155k miles! Can you reply how you found out and where I can look it up? Thanks.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:01 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dudeitsguenth
This is a very timely post indeed. I've got about 148,000 miles on my 2006 HCHII and would be VERY interested in finding out about an extension to 155K miles on the IMA battery.

Let us know where you found that info please.

Cheers.