HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Need help diagnosing IMA/battery troubles

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 02:17 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Need help diagnosing IMA/battery troubles

Originally Posted by TragicallyHip
Correct me if I"m wrong, but this here is a bad fuse and may be the source of my troubles.
So I just thought I'd post to say I had the same issue, and this post was a lifesaver. It saved me a ton of time tracking down my problem. I've only had my HCH2 for about a month, it was running absolutely perfect and averaging 43-45mpg in the 1500 miles I've had it, when it didn't restart after an auto-stop at a light. Restarted from the traditional starter, same batt/IMA/CEL lights when restarted with only the P0AE1 code. 12v battery replaced 3-6 months ago, has a manufacture date of 6/17 so at worst 10 months. All wiring looked great, and my IMA voltages looked great to me, so I just replaced the fuse and did an idle relearn. It seems like that was my only problem.

Old 06-29-2019, 07:52 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bakageta
So I just thought I'd post to say I had the same issue, and this post was a lifesaver. It saved me a ton of time tracking down my problem. I've only had my HCH2 for about a month, it was running absolutely perfect and averaging 43-45mpg in the 1500 miles I've had it, when it didn't restart after an auto-stop at a light. Restarted from the traditional starter, same batt/IMA/CEL lights when restarted with only the P0AE1 code. 12v battery replaced 3-6 months ago, has a manufacture date of 6/17 so at worst 10 months. All wiring looked great, and my IMA voltages looked great to me, so I just replaced the fuse and did an idle relearn. It seems like that was my only problem.
Hi , thank you for your sharing. May I know which fuse you used and what does idle relearn means. Your reply is much appreciated, thanks.

Old 06-29-2019, 10:43 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gan Kok Boon
Hi , thank you for your sharing. May I know which fuse you used and what does idle relearn means. Your reply is much appreciated, thanks.
I considered trying to source a random fuse that would work to save money, but ultimately went with the OEM fuse from my local dealer. The part number is 1C313-RMX-003, you can see the diagram here:

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuin...3-rmx-003.html

An idle relearn just stops it from hunting around in the RPMs at idle, it was required for me after leaving everything apart for a few days waiting on the fuse to come in. I followed this video:

Good luck!

Old 11-02-2023, 09:54 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TragicallyHip
Correct me if I"m wrong, but this here is a bad fuse and may be the source of my troubles.
I just wanted to add to this thread, that if you have a P0AE1 error code in your 2011 Honda Civic hybrid you can fix it by replacing the High voltage fuse on the HB junction box . I found one on eBay for about $35 new. The error code is specifically for a main contactor relay that which can also be found on the hybrid battery junction box. I checked the realty for continuity and it was fine so only replaced the fuse. Thanks to the original post, I flipped the junction box over, pulled the fuse out, checked it for resistance, and found that it was blown. The OG post by TH saved me a ton of time and money. Thank you so much.!

Last edited by Rockoa; 11-02-2023 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Correction