HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Newest Project (Auto Dim Mirror/Homelink and Bluetooth)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Enthusiast
Default Newest Project (Auto Dim Mirror/Homelink and Bluetooth)

Well here are the pics of both projects. The Mirror was purchased from Ebay for approx $150 with shipping and the Bluetooth Parrot CK3100 was $90 on Ebay with shipping. I recommend both items they work great. No more missed calls with the radio turned up and no more blinding headlights!

Both of these options should be standard on the loaded Civic in my opinion.

Here is the Gentex Homelink Mirror.

Here are some pics of the Parrot controls! This thing works sweet!

Here is a pic of the mic which is hidden pretty well I think! It's hard to even notice in the car.

Next project!

Illuminated Door Sills and Illuminated Floor Kit! Those ones aren't going to happen for at least a couple week though. When done I will post the results.

Last edited by tony68pa; 01-11-2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:06 AM
World's First Hybrid
Default Re: Newest Project (Auto Dim Mirror/Homelink and Bluetooth)

Does anyone make a driver's side self dimming mirror for the civic?? I get more glare from that mirror than the rearview. I miss this feature that was on my GLE Maxima.. And I agree that these should be std or optional equip on any vehicle.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:51 AM
Enthusiast

I've never seen an aftermarket product like that, but it would be a nice thing to have.

I kept getting blasted by headlights in my accord and when I got the civic I made the mirror one of the first purchases. I was out last night and it worked great....the homelink is a plus to have.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:26 AM
Enthusiast

Tony,
What model Homelink did you install.
Is it the 2007 model?
Does the mirror need an adapter to install
to the current mount on 07 HCH?
Also did you wire it up so that the
homelink will only work when the ignition
is on or is it active all the time?
Thanks.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:36 AM
Enthusiast

If you click on the Mirror link above it will take you to the mirror I purchased on Ebay. Its a Gentex mirror and I believe its a 2004/2005 model and came with a 90 day warranty. If you dont want to remove the current mount you need a camlock to wedgemount adapter. I purchased one for $20 bucks and thats what I used. The homelink buttons work at all times. The auto dim mirror feature is activated when the ignition is on.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:51 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info Tony.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

Are there any installation instructions for this mirror? Or is it the same as the Honda OEM Dimming mirror?

Old 01-14-2007, 07:50 AM
Enthusiast

I just added a simillar mirror, but with a compas as well. You only need to hook up three wires, +12V, Ignition, and ground. I figured that the Honda OEM mirror harness would have all three of these wires, but it did not have the constant 12V power.

You do need an adapter to install the mirror. It was included with the kit I purchased.

Installation was easy, about half an hour after I had spent 45 minutes screwing around trying to find a permanant power source.

Old 01-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Enthusiast

No there are not any instructions but you can reference the Honda ones to see how to get things apart. Its a pretty easy install. I didnt choose the compass mirror because I have the nav system and it seemed kinda redundant.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:39 PM
www.disczones.com

Very nice... did you do the installation of the Parrot Bluetooth yourself or had someone else install it? If you did the install yourself, is this fairly simple to do? Please advise, thanks!

Quick Reply: Newest Project (Auto Dim Mirror/Homelink and Bluetooth)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands