HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

No use for Car...Trade or Sale

Old 06-21-2008, 12:01 AM
Enthusiast
Default No use for Car...Trade or Sale

I've had my 2008 Civic Hybrid w/Nav since December 07. I live in San Francisco and RARELY drive it. It has less than 2700 miles. I ride a scooter in the city and want to get rid of a "new" car. The hybrid purchase was a big mistake. I now want to get an older Civic (03-05) 4 door, Automatic, EX, with less than 50k miles. Anyone want to trade or just buy my car?? I need a car only when it rains and when I have to go to costco.

Last edited by ovni; 06-21-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:59 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: No use for Car...Trade or Sale

Normally you would take a big hit on it because there is always that showroom floor to street depreciation that occurs the moment you take delivery of the car. But right now with the demand, delivery time, and price going up for new ones I would think you should be able to sell that outright to someone and at least break even, maybe. What kind of price are you asking for your used 2008 HCH-II with 2700 miles?

Depending on the relationship you have with your dealer you might even want to try to swing a deal with them. They probably can sell you car in a second and if they can at least get you out of your loan and started into a good used vehicle of your choice it might be a quick deal. Otherwise start advertising, showing the car, allowing it to get older, putting up with the pains of trying to sell a car in general, all the while still paying on it. I think I would give start calling dealerships, I am sure there are plenty around you and see what kind of deal you can make starting with the one that sold it to you. Don't let them kill you on the price, that is a used car but a really new used car and they should be able to sell it the same week, if not the same day. Plus you still want another Honda.

Last edited by HemiSync; 06-21-2008 at 05:20 AM.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Enthusiast

My car is paid off. That's why my credit does not improve. I paid things too quickly I dont want to deal with the dealer right now. Im sure someone will get it from me. I placed it on craigs for 24999 OBO.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:21 AM
Active Enthusiast

If your personal safety and the safety of those traveling with you is important, give up your scooter and drive and enjoy your new car. While the mileage may not be quite as good as your scooter and finding parking may be a little more difficult, the added safety and protection the the HCHII gives you makes it a bargain.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:10 AM
Enthusiast

I usually travel alone. Parking is HORRIBLE in the city. Thats why I drive a scooter.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:08 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm impressed that you're asking essentially the full MSRP for your used HCH. I'll be even more impressed if you get it!

I'm sure it's possible with the price of gas in the bay area.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:27 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

In these times, it may even be probable!

We recently sold our 08FEH (thru our purchasing dealer) for a $1000.00 profit. We had driven it for just under a year and had 15000 miles on it.

The new owners still got a great deal and love the suv.

We ordered an 09 on the same day.

Strange times....

08feh

Old 06-24-2008, 06:10 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1stpik
I'm impressed that you're asking essentially the full MSRP for your used HCH. I'll be even more impressed if you get it!

I'm sure it's possible with the price of gas in the bay area.
That's why I put OBO next to the price. My price is the lowest for a used model on craigslist in the bay area.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

A Honda dealer posted that the state of Washington has only one new Civic Hybrid available right now. I asked him how used hybrids are selling. He said no one is trading them in, although he had one guy who was moving out of the country and wanted to sell his Insight through the dealer.

He said he listed it, fielded calls and offers from all over the United States, and sold it within one day.

I checked autotrader.com today. There are only six used HCHs (2006 and 2007) available within 500 miles of Dallas. The cheapest one is $17,900 -- it's an '06 with 48,000 miles. The rest are listed at around $22,000.

I'd love to see an Edmunds.com article about the unbelievable demand for hybrids.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

The average asking price on autotrader for an 05 HCH with manual transmission and under 100k miles has gone up 1800 dollars since I bought mine in March from a dealer for 2800 less than that. Will I run out and sell it for a profit now? I doubt it but nice to know it is appreciating in value for now, at least until Honda starts making their new hybrids in 2009 in any large amounts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No use for Car...Trade or Sale

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands