HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

P0701?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Enthusiast
Default P0171? (Corrected I misread it)

Hi everyone. Our HCH2 has been a bit troublesome as of late. Up till now no real troubles. Anyway, last week my wife got a ck engine light and it was P0171. I cleared it since it wasn't too specific in hopes it would trigger and additional light to signal the cause.

After clearing the codes, a few days later she got an IMA light and ck eng with P0A7F and P0171. I took the 12 volt battery to be tested and it was shot. They tried charging up the amps but halfway through it refused the charge. So, we replaced it with a nifty little Bosch Miata battery that was just a bit shorter but had way more CCA.

Afterwards the IMA battery did a recal and the car seemed to run way better. Case closed I thought. About two days later she said it wasn't running as well anymore and today another ck eng light - P0171.

Anyone??

Last edited by homerjs; 09-30-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: P0701?

Well it appears to have been a feather that was stuck inside the MAF sensor and was blocking the sensors.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands