HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

P1448 with good battery and fan

Old 07-10-2018, 10:16 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: P1448 with good battery and fan

My guy/lady... You seem way to upset about this? There is no misdirection here. Car ran fine. Charged per instruction. Waited an hour. Pulled battery cable. Waited about a minute. Issues followed. Simple as that. I called you random because everyone else here is trouble shooting the car like good awesome people and you are here trying to protect your brand and bringing no benefit to the conversation... you just come in hot and text yelling? Doesn't matter anyway. Having dealership run a fan test tomorrow. Maybe fan controller fried

Old 07-11-2018, 07:09 PM
Enthusiast

For anyone else looking I solved the issue. It appears the cable splice supplied for the maxx volts system split the 12v fan cable it was tied into. My guess is the wire got hot after running for hours and when it cooled off it contracted just enough to lose contact. Resplicing with a more appropriate tie in solved the issues.
thank you everyone

Old 07-11-2018, 07:16 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jschoenherr
For anyone else looking I solved the issue. It appears the cable splice supplied for the maxx volts system split the 12v fan cable it was tied into. My guess is the wire got hot after running for hours and when it cooled off it contracted just enough to lose contact. Resplicing with a more appropriate tie in solved the issues.
thank you everyone
Good to hear you fixed it. I also have a Maxx Charger. I regret buying it. I'm pretty sure ManieP has a connection to Maxx due to the post history. I've read all of MaximumFuelage AKA Maxx Volts posts and he just insults everyone who has issues with the charger. I tried contacting Maxx Volts and they tried selling me their discharger for $400 by saying the lightbulb dischargers are death traps.

SKeith probably has a connection with hybrid automotive, but he actually helps people so kudos to him.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:22 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Derpguy123
Good to hear you fixed it. I also have a Maxx Charger. I regret buying it. I'm pretty sure ManieP has a connection to Maxx due to the post history. I've read all of MaximumFuelage AKA Maxx Volts posts and he just insults everyone who has issues with the charger. I tried contacting Maxx Volts and they tried selling me their discharger for $400 by saying the lightbulb dischargers are death traps.

SKeith probably has a connection with hybrid automotive, but he actually helps people so kudos to him.
I have openly disclosed that I am an authorized installer for HA. I think I've installed a whopping 5 in the last two years... I don't know what to do with all this MOOOLAH!!!

thank you everyone
You must be mistaken. "it is impossible to get a CEL if you follow the directions to the letter"

I'm sure this is all your fault because you spliced it wrong...

This is why HA provides a direct plug-in connector/fan controller.

What clued me that it might be a wiring issue in my initial response (post #2, item 2), is the nature of the code... the brief driving cause the battery to heat requiring use of the fan... fan didn't come on when commanded... code.

Glad you got it sorted.

Last edited by S Keith; 07-11-2018 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:55 PM
Enthusiast

Yeah it's a big load off my back. We need this car to be reliable :o and to be fair to maxx volts, it did technically charge my battery pretty well, but it sure has been a PITA! again thank you all again very much.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:08 PM
Enthusiast

The connectors are patented and gauge specific non-intrusive and reversible, vibration proof. If you are able to break a wire in half by using the properly sized patented taps they provide customers to tap the fan wires, then apparently they are vibration proof, but not idiot proof. You clearly overtightened it to the point you broke a wire. Its an amazing feat. Their video's clearly show how to properly use the taps to attach the wires. It's literally a needle that ****** the wire. over-tightening the tap to the point where it smashes a wire is just a lack of common sense and mechanical aptitude and there really isn't a lot of that required to install their system. If you want to blame someone for your issue, blame yourself. I've got nothing to do with either company, but would like to think I have common sense and experience installing my own system in my Civic.