HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Planning to buy a HCH 06 in Boston...Questions

Old 03-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Enthusiast
Default Planning to buy a HCH 06 in Boston...Questions

Hello All,

I am grateful everyone of you for hosting such a forum.
I am planning to buy a HCH very soon(our second car). I already own a
Civic EX(2001) and have been a Honda Fan all along.
Its time for us to buy a second car. Hence was researching the HCH 2006.
I have a few questions and will be thankful if the group here can comment
on some of these :
1) I am currently residing in MA, who is the best dealer in MA for HCH
2) what is final price I am looking at if I want to buy HCH 2006 minus the navi system
3) As far as maintenance is concerned how is the maintenance for HCH any
different from normal Civic
4) How long does it take between placing the order and getting the delivery?

Any suggestions\ advise\feedback is welcome.

Regards

Old 03-20-2006, 03:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Planning to buy a HCH 06 in Boston...Questions

Unfortunately, almost all of your questions have no positive answers. If you look here:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ivic.6414.html
you'll see that the final price varies quite a bit from person to person on the forum, month to month, place to place.

Maybe someone from your area will know a good dealer for you to try, but given a particular dealer, the length of time you have to wait will depend on that dealer and their scheduled shipments. For me, (last fall) there was no wait at all- the dealer had 8 HCHs sitting on the lot. I did actually wait two weeks because I wanted a blue car and there was no blue one on the lot.

As for the maintenance, the differences between the hybrid's maintenance and a regular Civic are very small. There is a special type of oil which is specific to the hybrid, and I do not think the regular Civic needs it. Basically, that means that I will get my oil changes at the dealer. There's been some concern expressed on these boards that if you do not get your HCH maintenance done at the dealer, the auto shop will not be familiar enough with a hybrid to know what they're doing, so maybe getting all maintenance done through the dealer is a good starting point.

Good luck!

Old 03-20-2006, 04:04 PM
Enthusiast

I purchased ours in Stratham, NH (30 min north of the border) at the Honda Barn. We paid MSRP in November and got ours on January 2nd. I dropped someone off at the lot a week ago and noticed they had 3 HCHII's sitting on the lot, so it might be a decent time to bargain.

Maintence is the same, in fact it might be better for the HCH. With the maintence minder system (uses RPMs, operating temperature of the engine to determine the oil life) I'll probably get my first oil change around 10,000 miles or so.

DKeane

Old 03-20-2006, 07:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

Purchased my HCHII from Herb Chambers Honda in Seekonk,MA in January. I ordered the car in October. There are also two other Herb Chambers Honda dealers in the Boston area. I paid retail and got a few extras such as all weather mats, locks, and pinstriping. Waitlist for these cars you are lucky to pay retail unless you want to go somewhere in the midwest where they aren't in such demand.

Old 03-21-2006, 07:35 AM
Enthusiast

I bought my '05 HCH from Honda Village in Newton, MA for below MSRP, I went to three other dealerships, and none of them would even MATCH the offer that Honda village gave me between the HCH and my trade-in value! If you go there Jay Levoy treated me very well. PM me if you go so I can give you my real name, they have a referral program .

Later,
~Droid

Old 03-21-2006, 06:29 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mikeyt758
Waitlist for these cars you are lucky to pay retail unless you want to go somewhere in the midwest where they aren't in such demand.
Boy, that's the truth. The lot I bought from has three sitting on it right now, all priced $1,005 below MSRP with a no-haggle policy. Makes a big difference where you live!

Old 03-22-2006, 08:39 AM
Enthusiast

Toast where do you live???

Old 03-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Tim,
Davenport, Iowa. The dealer is at www.lujack.com. They will post MSRP on their site, but if you go into the showroom (or call them), they have the no-haggle selling price posted. They currently have one with Nav (opal blue), and two without (gray and Metallic Pearl, I think).

Old 03-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Enthusiast

My HCH '06 was delivered last Friday. I had to wait about 3 weeks for it. It came rtight off the boat. I went through a dealership about 45 minutes outside of Pittsburgh, PA. I love it. I traded in a Infiniti G35 (12 - 16 MPG).

Old 03-24-2006, 09:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

That's funny, I traded in a Infiniti I35 for my HCH2 and glad I did it!! This HCH actually drives better than the I35 did, especially on trips of about 5hrs or longer. Some people comment to me that it was a big step down going from an Infiniti to a Honda Civic but I think it was a step up in a lot of ways!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Planning to buy a HCH 06 in Boston...Questions

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands