HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

A Positive Dealer Experience

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 06:45 AM
Enthusiast
Default A Positive Dealer Experience

Took my 08 to Flow Honda in Winston-Salem, NC as my driver's window would intermittently not shut all the way and would return down. 45 minutes later, car was washed, fixed and ready to go. Turned out to be the safety mechanism to keep ya from closing your head up in the auto close mode. Another customer with an '89 accord had an oil change done and he also got a free wash. Great dealer.
On a secondary note, I went to the parts counter to get some of the clips for the underside cover in case I have any problems with one after the oil change. I asked for 3. He came back with them, I asked how much, and he said no charge. And have a nice day. Kinda shocking when they know you are doing your own changes and that is money they won't be making. Hope others have positive dealer experiences as well.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:46 AM
Wo ai Zheng!
Default Re: A Positive Dealer Experience

Always nice to hear where the good dealers are

Old 09-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: A Positive Dealer Experience

The window not closing issue is a pretty common one, I've had it happen to me before. The service guy that I am friends with at my Honda dealership said that the problem is due to an under-lubricated window run-channel, and that Honda advises dealers to lubricate it during *every* service visit including oil changes. After lubricating this "run-channel", my window worked fine.