Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH II-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/)
-   -   Is it possible to turn off Nav nag prompt? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/possible-turn-off-nav-nag-prompt-12483/)

estorilphil 03-01-2007 09:29 AM

Is it possible to turn off Nav nag prompt?

Hey there, for a 2007 HCH2 w/ nav system, is there a way to disable that god-awful, annoying nag-prompt? I'm talking about the prompt that comes up EVERYTIME the car starts. I wish they'd make it so that you'd only need to acknowledge that stupid "contract" once & be done with it...

Thanks...

Phil

hchprius 03-01-2007 10:25 AM

Re: Is it possible to turn off Nav nag prompt?

I thought the same thing. I searched the manual and couldn't find anything on it. I think it's Honda's idea of absolving themselves from civil liability in case you crashed while driving and looking at your nav. I agree, it's annoying. Hope someone has a fix for it.

Orient Express 03-01-2007 10:40 AM

Ignore it

If you just ignore it, it will go away and the screen will revert to the clock, and you can then go the to audio screen. You will still need to acknowledge it when you access the navigation screen however.

estorilphil 03-01-2007 11:25 AM

Which is what I do now (ignoring it) mostly. Since I don't use the nav system on a daily basis. Still it's annoying when I do have to use it and it won't let me get into it until I press ok each time.

mexiken 03-01-2007 02:34 PM

This has been discussed before. There is no way to do it on the current navigation system. Sorry folks. The only person who can probably do it doesn't have much time to work on it, and I'm not well versed enough with the programming language (apart from not having a DVD burner) to try. If anyone can help, we might be able to work something out.

irkedpenguin 03-01-2007 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by mexiken (Post 113955)
This has been discussed before. There is no way to do it on the current navigation system. Sorry folks. The only person who can probably do it doesn't have much time to work on it, and I'm not well versed enough with the programming language (apart from not having a DVD burner) to try. If anyone can help, we might be able to work something out.

I've been looking to take on a new programing project, work hasnt offered me enough challenge recently. Who should I be talking to about this?

(Always) 03-01-2007 05:51 PM

Dunno if it works but...

http://navihack.jasonandrepont.com/

edit: found on the civic boards

gumby 03-01-2007 10:00 PM

Tom, good site, but that's been seen and posted here before. Another link than yours but essentially the same info.

I think that HACK is for the SPLASH-SCREEN ONLY, adn that it does NOT remove the nag screen.

mexiken 03-02-2007 10:01 AM

It is for the splash screen only. Except that one is a good one. More descriptive than the only other one available at the time.

penguin, the person is on these boards, but I don't know how much he actually posts. I rememeber messaging him awhile ago, (forgive my TERRIBLE memory =() but he doesn't have too much time to work on it. However, he can get you started. I'll see if I can find out his handle so you can email him.

estorilphil 03-02-2007 03:35 PM

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible should you try instructions described in the following link.

(Wow I'm almost as bad as the nag screen!) :-)

Anyway this may be it, check it out: http://www.linuxkiddies.com/projects/navi/

Btw, never thought I'd be programming software on any of my cars. Kinda weird not getting my hands "dirty" whilst working on the car...