HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Rattle and Roll

Old 10-26-2008, 11:32 AM
Hybrid Owner
Default Rattle and Roll

Last edited by caholla; 11-23-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Rattle and Roll

Rocks and debris get ontop of the belly pan. This maybe your rattle? H

Old 10-27-2008, 10:39 PM
Enthusiast

I've noticed a strange squeak that sounds like its coming from inside the cabin around the front passenger area. It sounds like a squeaky old spring but its quite faint. I have no idea what it is and I can't take it to the dealer for another week or so. Any ideas what it could be? It gets a little louder when I go over bumps in the road.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:05 AM

I heard a squeak like that once and it ended up being a family of mice under the back seat.H

Old 10-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Enthusiast

How did they get in there? Thats one place I haven't checked, I'll have to check under all the seats today. Its strange because the sound stops at times. It couldn't be the suspension could it?

Old 10-28-2008, 08:41 AM

Yes it could be in the suspension Bill, trouble is it could be alot of things. The mice were in my Model A , so no problems for mice to get into it! H

Old 10-28-2008, 09:04 AM
Enthusiast

I know far too well how many different things can cause strange noises in the car. A while back I was hearing a sound from the front driver side wheel. I thought it was a bad wheel bearing or something but it turned out to be a big rock lodged in the tire treads that would make a sound every time it struck the road.

Once I get some free time I'm gonna have to do a checkup and maybe take it in to the dealer. I hate going there, usually a waste of at least an hour and sometimes they won't even fix the problem, calling it normal or saying that they couldn't reproduce the sound.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Enthusiast

I have a cracking/rattle coming from my passenger side door. It is very annoying on semi rough roads. The only way to solve it is to leave the glove compartment open. My local dealership won't do anything about it.

Old 11-01-2008, 04:11 PM

Sounds like the glove box latch needs adjustment! H

Old 11-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GreenTea
I have a cracking/rattle coming from my passenger side door. It is very annoying on semi rough roads. The only way to solve it is to leave the glove compartment open. My local dealership won't do anything about it.
I too had a rattle coming from the passenger side door that went away when I opened the glove box. With a little bit of investigation, I figured it out and fixed it. In my case the rattle turned out to be from the far side of the glove box rubbing against the dash. I found that there is a tight spot on the right side of the glove box by trying to slide a strip of paper between the dash and the closed glove box. I put a little bit of cooking oil on my finger and rubbed it on the contact point. Voila!, problem solved.

The problem did come back gradually after a couple of thousand miles. I put a very small dab of bicycle grease on this time which should have a little more staying power than cooking oil.

Hope this helps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rattle and Roll

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands