HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Safety Recall Notice - IMA Cable Electrical Short

Old 03-03-2007, 06:41 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Safety Recall Notice - IMA Cable Electrical Short

Today I received a Safety Recall notice from Honda concerning the issue "Integrated Motor Assist Cable Can Develop Electrical Short." Briefly, this recall notes, "Certain parts of your vehicle's IMA system are located under a metal cover behind the rear seat-back. Over time, the weight of rear seat passengers may cause the metal cover to come into contact with a rubber cap." So the dealer, "Will install a protective cover ..."

Luckily for me I rarely use the rear seat for passengers but rather for boxes of parts which rarely weigh over 60# total across the entire back seat so I don't think I'm in danger though will keep this in mind. Has anyone else received this recall yet or has anyone had the recall performed?

Old 03-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Safety Recall Notice - IMA Cable Electrical Short

I just had it done. Dropped the car off last night at 6pm and it was ready at 8:30 this morning. Don't know how long it took but they say they need the car for a few hours.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:10 PM

This is the same issue as the DC cap recall, which you can read about in about 2 to 3 other forum threads. I got one too, and I will be taking it in next Friday.

Old 03-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Energy Independence

I got the same recall notice today, Flash. I was expecting it, based on other threads I've read here. I rarely have anyone or anything in the back seat. I'll probably wiat for my next oil-change service in a few months.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Safety Recall Notice - Warm/Hot Rear Seat

Well, my HCH goes into the shop this Tuesday - looks like I am the first for my dealership. However, I have a question for you folks that are involved with this Recall. Last year I posted regarding my rear seat and seat back becoming "hot/warm" after a lengthy ride (1-2 hours at 70MPH) in mountainous terrain. My dealer could not detect a problem but my wife and I both smelled an electrical burn type odor in the rear. This recall addresses a problem in the IMA wiring in the same vicinity that we felt the heat. Is this coincidence or could this recall be related to my initial problem?

I will press the issue with the Techs & see if I can get an answer. I must add that the hot rear seat is not a constant problem but intermittent. Puzzling to both me and the dealer.

Ed

"Non est tanti"

Last edited by AZED; 03-05-2007 at 06:08 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 03-05-2007, 01:09 PM

Since our '06 has ~9300 miles on it, we'll have this work done at the regular 10K maintenance interval. Not really worried about it, since we seldom have anyone/anything in the back seat.

Old 03-05-2007, 02:56 PM

Why don't we put a positive spin on this -- I'll start putting the pizza box and Chinese food in the rear seat rather than the front seat or front floor and the IMA battery will help keep it warm.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Enthusiast

I too recieved the notice. I'll be taking my car in to have that worked on and to have the lip spoiler looked at because it is starting to rub the paint off my trunk.

Does your dealership let you have a loaner car? Mine doesn't, even if they need the car for more than a day...

Old 03-05-2007, 05:13 PM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST

I got my recall last Thur, took the car in today. They did the work, fixed a loose piece of trim near the wipers, and I had the NYS inspection done. It was about 90 minutes.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

I got my 06 HCHII done today, along with a B1 service. It took less than 1.5 hours total, and my mileage registers were not reset. My traction battery was 1 bar under full charge when I dropped the car off. Total charge for the B1 was $22.50, with me supplying the oil.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Safety Recall Notice - IMA Cable Electrical Short

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands