iSteve
Default Re: Safety Recall Notice - IMA Cable Electrical Short

Have you notioced in differences in drivability or economy since the recall fix

Old 03-07-2007, 03:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steve
Have you notioced in differences in drivability or economy since the recall fix
No, it seemed the same as before. I can't think of any reason why anything should have changed though.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:50 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kephra
I got my 06 HCHII done today, along with a B1 service. It took less than 1.5 hours total, and my mileage registers were not reset. My traction battery was 1 bar under full charge when I dropped the car off. Total charge for the B1 was $22.50, with me supplying the oil.
Would you mind asking your dealer how they avoided reseting the mpg readings? I'm sure others who will get this service would like to know so that they can instruct their dealers on how to do it. Might also shed some light on future service, for instance, does disconnecting the 12 volt battery do it, or does it have to be the main battery? Thanks.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toast64
Would you mind asking your dealer how they avoided reseting the mpg readings? I'm sure others who will get this service would like to know so that they can instruct their dealers on how to do it. Might also shed some light on future service, for instance, does disconnecting the 12 volt battery do it, or does it have to be the main battery? Thanks.
I think it was because I had a full traction battery when I took the car in, so they didn't have to run the engine until the battery was charged up per the directive someone else mentioned previously in this thread.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kephra
I think it was because I had a full traction battery when I took the car in, so they didn't have to run the engine until the battery was charged up per the directive someone else mentioned previously in this thread.
Okay, just to be clear - are you sure the mpg numbers were not reset, or did they just look about the same when you picked the car up? Your statement indicated that the mileage was not reset when the service was done. Just trying to pin this down - if your mileage did indeed not reset, then your dealer did something different when the battery was disconnected, or different cars react differently when the battery is disconnected (unlikely), or possibly your dealer didn't actually do the service (highly unlikely).

Old 03-09-2007, 03:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toast64
Okay, just to be clear - are you sure the mpg numbers were not reset, or did they just look about the same when you picked the car up? Your statement indicated that the mileage was not reset when the service was done. Just trying to pin this down - if your mileage did indeed not reset, then your dealer did something different when the battery was disconnected, or different cars react differently when the battery is disconnected (unlikely), or possibly your dealer didn't actually do the service (highly unlikely).
My A and B trip meter mpg readings were exactly the same (41.2 mpg) after the work was done as they were before. I can't be sure that they followed the recall instructions exactly, but I did see the mechanic take out my back seat, so I am fairly sure the recall work was done. Also, I made no mention of preserving the readings when I dropped the car off, as I really didn't care whether they were reset or not.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Hybrid-Hugger

Guys- not sure if anyone else had this on their recall. Not only do I have the IMA cap issue, they also said I could potentially need a software update to fix some sort of Cold Fuel Air ratio issue (thus causing low winter performance and mileage).

I think this is the first time I have heard of a software update on the 06's. Anyone else have this. I will try to remember to bring in the notic to work and post exactly what they stated.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:53 PM
Proud owner HCHII

Had my letter today. Like others I am minded to wait and see. Like others too I do not carry Sumo wrestlers in my back seat. Can someone say which side the problem cap is located? Then I can pick and choose my passangers. My car is a year old and is fitted with the central arm rest which must also help to spread the load.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

I had the DC-DC recalls done last week along with a software update.

So far since the update is done, it's been a lot more easy while in EV mode to maintain a constant 4-5 bars of assist. Before the update, getting to the 4-5 bars of assist was easy but maintaining 4-5 bars was very hard. There was always 1 or 2 bars that kept dropping.

I don't know if I'm the only one noticing that?

Old 03-27-2007, 11:02 AM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Safety Recall Notice - IMA Cable Electrical Short

Tool Indicator for oil service came on so I had Recall and Oll Filter service completed at the same time.

How long did it take I do not know. I dropped it off went to work came back same day and picked HCH II back up.

Terry (Tiger)