HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

@#$# SERVICE DEPT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Enthusiast
Default @#$# SERVICE DEPT!!!

Ok, my driver window started going off track this morning so I took it in to the dealer who happily fixed it free of charge in about 1.5 hours.

That bothered me, but get this:

My trip meter was at 38.X miles @ 54 MPG. When I got the car back, it was at 38.Y miles, @ 38 MPG, and my gas bars dropped from 4 remaining to two remaining.

What did they do, keep it running with the AC on while they fixed it???

Sheesh.

Oh yeah, window works fine now.

Old 08-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: @#$# SERVICE DEPT!!!

Hi Familyman:

May be they reset the computer or disconnect the power while fixing the window? Just a guess.

Old 08-16-2006, 02:15 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Hey, could be worse. At least it didn't go from 38.x to 138.x while they used it for parts runs! Scary things happen to cars that are left at the wrong shop, and it sounds like yours was left at the right one even despite the gas gauge and mileage anomaly.

Old 08-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Um yeah, take your free repair with a smile. If they're going to fix it for free they can do whatever they want to my FE.
:-)

Old 08-16-2006, 02:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Are you really worried about the $1.00 worth of gas they used? I really wouldn't worry too much.

Old 08-16-2006, 09:58 PM

Hey, I'd be pissed if I was working on a 54 mpg tank and found 38 on the display after a dealer repair. It's not the $1... it's the effort to get to 54 which was blown!

Old 08-17-2006, 02:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

How about this.....if it makes you feel better, the difference between 38 miles at 54mpg and 38 miles at 38mpg is 0.3 gallons of gas. So, when you fill up at the end of the tank, subtract 0.3 gallons from the fill up when you do your calculations, and you'll get an accurate view of your actual FE for the tank. Everyone's happy then!

Old 08-17-2006, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by FamilyMan
Ok, my driver window started going off track this morning so I took it in to the dealer who happily fixed it free of charge in about 1.5 hours.

That bothered me, but get this:

My trip meter was at 38.X miles @ 54 MPG. When I got the car back, it was at 38.Y miles, @ 38 MPG, and my gas bars dropped from 4 remaining to two remaining.

What did they do, keep it running with the AC on while they fixed it???

Sheesh.

Oh yeah, window works fine now.
Dude, get a life. It's probably something simple like a disconnect of the battery as other have mentioned. It's not the dealers fault that your window went off it's track.

Old 08-17-2006, 06:21 AM
Brains of the Operation

My car has had several small things done at the dealer. They ALWAYS dent my mileage significantly. I'm fairly sure they let it idle for a good amount of time. It's not really a big deal, but it is a small psychological setback to see that mpg number that you work so hard on artificially decreased. I feel your pain.

Last edited by Civic Duty; 08-17-2006 at 06:25 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-17-2006, 07:07 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by livvie
Dude, get a life. It's probably something simple like a disconnect of the battery as other have mentioned. It's not the dealers fault that your window went off it's track.
DUDE, (or Dudette) I have a life. There was no disconnect. Nothing was reset. I was being facetious. Laughing at myself for thinking about effectively less than $1 worth of gas related to the MPG display rather than the FREE (albeit inconvenient) repair of my window.

Quick Reply: @#$# SERVICE DEPT!!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands