HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

shipping time from japan to u.s.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Enthusiast
Talking shipping time from japan to u.s.

My first post! Haha

Anyway, I'm going to but putting a deposit on an 08 HCH and dealer#1 has told me that one was produced yesterday and it takes six weeks to arrive from japan. Do you think that is an accurate estimate?

Dealership#2 tells me that they'll be getting them in the 3rd week of september, which is about 3 weeks further out if the other estimate is correct. However, i've met with a sales guy from this dealer and he seems like a nice honest guy who I'd like to purchase from.

I have not met with anyone from dealer#1 in person, but would like to get the car asap which makes me lean towards putting a deposit with him. both are pricing at msrp which reassuring, because dealer#3 priced at $3000 over msrp and would not budge on that, which thows them out even though they have 1 on the lot right now. This brings me to my dilema, who should I purchase from?

Old 07-16-2008, 04:36 AM
HypoFueler
Default Re: shipping time from japan to u.s.

whoever gives you the better $$$ deal - wait the extra few weeks if needed.

...dont get "leather drunk'

Old 07-16-2008, 06:05 AM
Enthusiast

I suspect six weeks is reasonable. If I remember right, mine took about a month from order to delivery, and that was in late 2006 when demand wasn't as high.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:02 AM
Excited to have it!

6 Weeks is reasonable, if not a little optimistic. What part of the country are you in?

I'm in South Carolina, so our cars come in just north of Jacksonville, FL. If you are on the West Coast, it might be faster.

I ordered mine from the AAA car buying service in late May and it landed at the dealer on July 8th. If you are a AAA member, I highly recommend it. I got below MSRP, but that was in May, so I don't know if you could still get that.

It also depends somewhat on color choice. I was able to get silver, but blue was going to be months longer...

Last edited by pascha; 07-16-2008 at 07:02 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 07-16-2008, 08:06 AM
Enthusiast

I put my deposit down on 5/31. At the time, the dealer already knew that it was silver with blue interior and no nav.

The dealer later told me that the car was completed on 6/25, and the ship time would be anywhere from 3-5 weeks, so I'm expecting the car late July, early August.

Old 07-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nehch2
I put my deposit down on 5/31. At the time, the dealer already knew that it was silver with blue interior and no nav.

The dealer later told me that the car was completed on 6/25, and the ship time would be anywhere from 3-5 weeks, so I'm expecting the car late July, early August.
I placed my deposit on June 7th, picked it up on July 1st. The dealer knew it was galaxy grey w/navi.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:10 AM
Energy Independence

5 weeks is my estimate, based on my 2006 experience.

My 2006 was "born" on May 25.
The dealership (in Oklahoma) got it around June 25.
I picked it up on July 1.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:06 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for all the input. I ended up putting a deposit at dealer#2 today since they offered me the best pricing & color that I wanted. It's supposed to go into production 7/29. I Hope it comes in sooner than the estimated 3rd week of September!