HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Spoiler wearing paint off of the trunk lid. What we must do!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 07:44 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Spoiler wearing paint off of the trunk lid. What we must do!

For anyone unfamiliar with this topic, please refer to: https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/calling-all-hch-ii-owners-please-check-around-your-decklid-spoiler.10299.html

I just spoke with a very nice person at Honda of America. She said that everyone who is having this issue should do the following:

1. Take your car to your dealer. Show the problem to the Service Manager. Tell the Service Manager you would like to show this problem to the District Manager (this was a 5 minute visit for me).

2. When the District Manager is at your dealer, show the problem to him/her. Tell him/her that you want the problem escalated up the "TECHLINE" (this was another 5 minute visit for me). At this point, the District Manager calls the issue in to the Techline and they actually send somebody (or a team) to your dealer to look at your issue and determine whether it is a manufacturing error, user error, etc. This may take a couple of weeks.

3. In the meantime, call Honda of America at (800) 999-1009, press Option 5. When you get a real person on the phone, give him/her your VIN number and tell them you want them to DOCUMENT THIS CASE and CODE IT AS A PAINT ISSUE. Then describe your issue. If the case isn't documented, it's as if you didn't call. A team of analysts goes through all the documented cases and determines if there is a general thread in the complaints (i.e. a spoiler rubbing on a trunk lid). They act on the issues that show the greatest reoccurrence.

These things will get us the most attention. Let's get this thing fixed!

Old 11-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Spoiler wearing paint off of the trunk lid. What we must do!

I called Honda and opened a case. They were a little reluctant to open a case without the service manager seeing the car. I told them I had an appt this next week with the service manager and they said they'd open it and for me to call back with any updates.

Jayson

Old 11-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

Anyone know if the '07's have this problem?

Old 11-02-2006, 11:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

I would assume that 2007's will have the same problem, as the design of the spoiler and the trunk lid is the same. Keep a close eye on yours!

And I would demand that the Honda representative open a documented case. The purpose is to get our problem on the radar at Honda, and that requires numbers! I made it clear to the Honda rep I spoke with that I wasn't complaining about my service department, but that I wanted a documented case on file at Honda so that I could be assured that my problem was being heard.

Anyone else make the call? Are you getting similiar responses from Honda?

Old 11-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

well, i went to my dealer today to show the service manager my problem with the paint rubbing around my spoiler. he said since it is just surface scratches that he can buff it out and then put the stuff they use for clear bra around it and them mount the spoiler back on there. so if there is rubbing it will be on the sticker and not my paint. i told him that somebody else with this problem put double sided tape on there and that solved the problem. i rather not get my trunk painted and keep the factory paint. i will have to call american honda and open up a claim just in case they have a fix for this.

Old 11-03-2006, 07:28 AM
Enthusiast

Is it possible for someone to post a picture of what to look for on the spoiler issue?

My car does not seem to have this problem - but the silver paint may mask the problem.

Thanks - Great site by the way!

Old 11-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Active Enthusiast

Click the link listed in the first post of this thread for pictures. They start on page 3.

Old 11-11-2006, 02:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

A short update... A Honda America Representative is meeting me at my dealer on Thursday to take pictures of the problem area...

Old 11-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I had a free day and took it to Fletcher Jones Honda in Chicago. The service manager said he is going to talk to the techs at American Honda to see if this problem has occured in other cars. He said he will get back to me and let me know what he finds out.

Old 11-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I got mine in August and I have no signs of the wear.

Quick Reply: Spoiler wearing paint off of the trunk lid. What we must do!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands