Sun Shade

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 06:19 AM
Eco Accelerometrist
Default Re: Sun Shade

Originally Posted by 2007HCHOttawa
Are there different sizes of "jumbo"??
Nope. I don't think so.

Indeed, the Jumbo shade has coverage to spare sideways but lacks enough height so that it can be retained by the visors. Despite this, it still is the largest and most effective shade I found for the HCH and Prius for less than $13.
To remedy this, I used two suction cups to keep the upper part of the shade agains the glass. I always have a few suction cups with hooks inside my vehicles because they're way too handy in some occasions (like improvising a shade for long trips with a mere towel for the kids).
A pack of four can be had at any "dollar" store for $1.5 or less.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 06-03-2007, 06:43 AM
Enthusiast

I also have had a problem finding a sun shade that would fit and be cheap. I have found that a SUPER Jumbo works fine. It is actually larger than the windshield and you can just tuck it behind the visor (larger height wise and width wise). It is two big rectangular shades that fold up into a circle. If you are lucky you can find one at walmart but if not a local autostore.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

YES!! I found the SUPER JUMBO in stock at Wal Mart, and it fits. AHHHH, no more Pizza Oven Civic!

W.M. only had the 'jumbo' size last time I was there, and I thought that was the biggest ..... but no, this is America, home of the super duper whopper jumbo.

So, for everyone seeking shade this summer, here's the item:

Manufacturer --- AXIUS

Brand --- AUTO EXPRESSIONS

Model --- MAGIC SHADE SUNSHADE

Size --- SUPER JUMBO

It costs $10 at Wal Mart. It's the two-panel twist-to-fold kind of windshield shade, not the accordion-fold shade. Each panel is 31" x 38".

The Honda size guide on the back only lists the Accord and Oddysey, but it's a fit for Civic 8.0 owners. It fills the entire windshield, covers the entire dashboard, and stays put by using the flip-down visors. However, it will push upward against the rearview mirror (the panels are THAT big).

But it works!

Last edited by 1stpik; 06-04-2007 at 09:00 AM.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

Ah, see, I considered picking up one of those round-to-fold super jumbo's the other day, but remembered reading this topic and bought just the regular folding jumbo one instead. Obviously, I have the fitting issues everyone else has with the jumob, so looks like it's off to buy another one.

Maybe I'll just give my brother the jumbo one for his regular Civic coupe. He's usually parked in a parking deck and doesn't need one very often, so the ill fit shouldn't affect him too much on the rare occasions he actually needs to use it.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1stpik
I can't find a sun shade tall enough to fit the HCH2's steep windshield.

Summer's coming, and I'd sure like to keep the radiation from turning my parked car into a pizza oven.

Have any of you found a sun shade that works in the new Civic?
I make burritos in mine. Takes about 4 hours. It makes me feel llike a man again, after the operation.