HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

sunvisor

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 04:35 AM
Enthusiast
Default sunvisor

I recently went to the my local dealer for my 60k service. Let me first start out by saying check your invoices for those that don't do there own work. My dealer decided to go ahead and put for me ATF-Z1 fluid in my tranny. They were very nice about it but I had to go back again so they could flush it out and put in the right fluid CVT-F. I hope everything will be fine with the tranny for the long haul. Was a pisser because I specifically asked them to make sure they use all the correct fluids for the hybrid. Already had another dealer put in 5-20 weight oil for me 2 oil changes ago (definite nice drop in MPG's, should have known something was wrong when the bill was like 25 bucks since the hybrid oil cost at least that much) Could also be I live in TN and not too many hybrids out here.

Anyway off subject. Both of my sunvisors are cracked and need to be replaced. The dealer was nice enough to take care of them since they are not covered by Hondacare. When I shut the visor back up there is a large separation the plastic of the visor. Not so bad until it gets real hot and the plastic stretches and the visor does not want to return to the tucked position. Anyway just wanted to know if anyone else had the problem. The dealer knew exactly what I was talking about when I told him. He said he has seen several 2006 civics have the problem. I have also had the clip to where the sunvisor returns break. No biggy just like a 3 buck part and No I don't treat the visor rough, but I do put a sunshade daily.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:25 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: sunvisor

Caholla

TSB link is not working for me... could you copy and paste that TSB here?

Thanks
Rick

Old 08-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

Rick,
I posted the TSB here for you. Let me know if you have any trouble.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...Q3Q5NVZjR0E9PQ

-Brian

Old 08-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Enthusiast

Brian

Got it.... thanks

Rick

Old 08-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Enthusiast

thanks for the info caholla.

The dealer has not replaced the visors for me yet they are on order. I was talking about the original one that came with the car. I am just so surprised on how cheaply made the cars are these days.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Energy Independence

Yes, I'm having the problem where the visors split apart when raising them out of the way. It's been going on for a few months now, and it's gotten progressively worse, especially the last 2 weeks. Of course, I'm now at 38K miles and out of factory warranty.
I must call it in tomorrow. I hope they'll cover it. I also have the HondaCare extended Warranty, but I bet this is NOT one of the things it will cover.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Energy Independence

I called in today, and now, at 39K (even minus the 5% odometer error extension which puts me at just over 37K), I'm still over the 36K limit. I hate that I waited just a little bit too long
And these are NOT covered by the HondaCare Extended warranty (as I expected). Maybe I can talk 'em into a little goodwill, since it's SO close. We'll see.

Anyone know how much these things cost? I've had no luck finding them online, on CollegeHills or several other sites.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Energy Independence

Thanks, caholla!

I found those part numbers:
Right 83230-SNA-A01ZD
Left 83280-SNA-A01ZD

But, I'm seeing a higher list price:
MSRP $54.82 Price $42.76 at CollegeHills.com
MSRP $54.82 Price $39.47 at 1sthondaparts.com
MSRP $54.82 Price $40.13 at Bernardi.com
MSRP $???? Price $40.73 at HondaPartsDeals.com
MSRP $54.39 Price $38.07 at HondaAutomotiveParts.com (Majestic Honda)

All pretty close.

I'll have to check my local dealers, too.

I'm still hoping to get a little Honda love here. We'll see.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pagemap
Rick,
I posted the TSB here for you. Let me know if you have any trouble.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...Q3Q5NVZjR0E9PQ

-Brian
[off subject]

Pagemap,

I've been looking for the unabridged TSB's for the HCHII (like the one you linked). Where can I find these PDFs?

Thanks,
-dan

Old 09-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Enthusiast

Try talking to your dealer about the parts. I went in for service and didn't want the dealer to do the air filter and pollen filter (since the labor for both is like 60ish for about 5 mins of work). Just the oil change and tranny flush. They actually struck a deal with me that if I let them change my filters they would go ahead and goodwill the sunvisors and install them.
Just got them today. They seem much stiffer than the original in movement, just hope they won't split again.

Quick Reply: sunvisor

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands