HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Temperature Sort for Database?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 08:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Temperature Sort for Database?

Is there any way to sort the database by temperature? There's a ton of data in there (assuming everyone logs in the temperature with their tanks). I'd love to see the overall avg MPG of all HCHII's at each 10 degree temp increment. Does anyone know how to do this?

I'm in So. Cal and even with our mild "winter", I'm starting to feel the pain of cooler weather. Would be interesting to see how bad it's going to get! Time to pump up the tires a few more pounds and drive a tad slower!

Old 12-06-2006, 02:21 AM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST
Wink Re: Temperature Sort for Database?

Anahymbrid,
Good question. My last tank went down to 48.4 and brought down my lifetime by .1. I live in the wintery NE near Buffalo. You could try going to Discuss and "Forum Questions and Input" and post your question. It's clear that most owners getting 50+ MPG live in the southern warmer states. If an individual puts their zip code in their profile - you can click on it to see what state & city they come from.
Regards,

Old 12-06-2006, 05:52 AM
Eco Accelerometrist
Default Re: Temperature Sort for Database?

I had made a suggestion to some of the moderators concerning the temperature field in the GH database. I was mostly concerned about how we can use the temp values to increase the benefits not only for the web based reporting but also to manage the hypermiling ratings for each vehicle.

Maybe if a greater number of us request these features Jason will eventually implement them. Heck, I and many others would gladly help if that is what it takes.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 12-06-2006, 06:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

Great Idea!

I would think that would be a great tool to actually compare your vehicles performance with similar climates.

I think their is a resounding agreement that temparate is the biggest factor in the average FE.

Im in!

Old 12-06-2006, 10:21 AM

FWIW I'm in Los Angeles county, near the beach and I'm having a terrible tank.

It is about 2/3 gone and is only 58 MPG so far.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

Kenny, I really feel sorry for you.

That weather in California is really affecting your mileage...
I'm pretty fortunate. My mileage only sank by 20mpg but not more than 30mpg.

Yep, California is definitely not for me - too cold there!!!

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 12-06-2006, 06:51 PM
Enthusiast

We've been having quite cold weather here in Alabama (nights in the 20s, days only up to 50s), and I am having the worst tank since I got my car -- currently at 40.5 mpg.....my previous worst tank was 46-something mpg. It doesn't help that my commute is short and has too many stops, but still....

Also, about the temp sort function on the database -- I actually would prefer to see fields where we entered hi and low temps during the tank rather than just "temp". In my area, I can drive to work with the temp 28 degrees and drive home in 59 degrees (like today). I hate this field on the database, not for the information, but because it is not "do-able". Ditto for the "average time"....my commute is less than 15 minutes, but if we go out of town, the drive will typically be an hour each way...how to compute that?

Anyway....just a few thoughts

Old 12-06-2006, 07:51 PM

mSantos, it must really be cold up there.
Better you than me.

Hehehehehe

Old 12-06-2006, 08:04 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

LOL, Yeah, it is a little cold - I guess.

But if you drive further north then THAT is cold. So far we been getting OK temps (-15F). Driving further north for about six hours will probably net you a steadier -40F. You know it is a little colder when Regen and Assist no longer work.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 12-07-2006, 01:21 PM

Kenny, you must be doing better today! I just drove from Laguna Beach to Cerritos. 80 degrees. 74.7 MPG for the 23 mile segment!

Quick Reply: Temperature Sort for Database?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands