HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Those with recent PCM update, we need your help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Those with recent PCM update, we need your help!

I have an '06 and an '07. It appears the '07 gets better mileage. This is certainly due to other conditions, but if there is a PCM update that will help the '06, I definitely want it.

My Service Advisor (SA) honestly searched for any updates for both my cars and found none (other than the '06 battery cap, which we had done). He said he'd gladly check again if I had a Bulletin #. I assume this is an TSB. I search NHTSA website and there was only one TSB and it was CVT-related.

SO, those of you that had this PCM update, please contact your SAs to ask what info your buddies need to tell their SAs to have them find this PCM update -- Please!

TIA

Old 08-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Those with recent PCM update, we need your help!

No Flash,

I left a message for my SA. I tried to get this infomation the first time around when I took it in a few weeks ago and they weren't much help. I will let you know what I am able to find out.

Anthony

Old 08-07-2007, 12:39 PM

Thanks.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:09 AM
Enthusiast

I talked to my SA and he finally gave me an answer...sort of. Here is what he told me but let me note that he didn't seem 100% sure. He said that the PCM update is not a recall or anything. Basically it is just updating the 06's software to match the 07's. He said that the 07's software was modified to allow the IMA to assist more and that was done so that the Civic Hybrid would not take such a hit in estimated mileage under the new EPA mileage standards. He said the only downside is that it might hurt the life of the overall IMA battery.

So if this guy knows what he is talking about then apparently you don't need to look or ask for a recall but ask that your car be updated
with the 07 software.

Anthony

Old 08-10-2007, 07:22 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I don't know if I should recommend this update to my mother, who has a 2006 HCH-II. What do other people in the forum think? More IMA assist at the expense of the life of the battery pack? What the salesman said is valid: more use of the battery would shorten its life due to a faster charge/recharge cycle rate.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:21 AM

hmmm...

Old 08-12-2007, 01:47 PM

Well, that's what we have the battery for... so we might as well use it! I believe the battery warranty is eight years for most of the country, so "it's covered". For those of us in CA and most of the New England states, the warranty is 10 years... so even more protection. They still have that warranty on the '07s, so to Honda, this isn't that big a deal. They wouldn't make a change like that if it was going to cost them big bucks in 8 - 10 years. I still need to get that recall done, so I'll have them do the update at the same time.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:25 AM

I drove our '06 and our '07 around town in 95 deg weather.

There is no doubt that the '07 gets more assist around town.

I think I will ask for an update.

Thanks Anthony.

Ian

Old 08-13-2007, 08:14 AM
Active Enthusiast

anyone else have info on this? Im going in to the dealership on Wednesday for an oil change, maybe they can do this as well.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:12 AM
HypoFueler

Hmm, I have an 07 and would rather not use assist as much if it leads to forced regens (it does). So should I ask for the anti PCM update - match 06 software?

Quick Reply: Those with recent PCM update, we need your help!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands