HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Today's Mod

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 07:41 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Today's Mod

Originally Posted by Orient Express
So I ordered them on the 18th of December, and they showed up on the 27th.
Still waiting on my kick plates! Yours took nine days through the holiday season... I'm on 11 days now. Guess they have more flights from Hong Kong to SFO then to LAX!!! Hopefully these things will show up tomorrow. I wanted to install them this weekend!

Old 01-20-2007, 08:19 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Jeff - You can also just install one on the Driver's door if you don't want the Passenger one to get all scuffed from leg braces. Also, even after drilling a hole I'm sure you can put the non-lit ones on top and just seal that hole with silicone and taping down the non-lit ones would look just fine I bet. ANd just because the plates are not there yet it doesn't mean you can't start the 4 hours of prep work - I'd say to go ahead and loosen the rear seat cushion, drill the holes, get a 50-ft spool of 16-gauge wire or whatever works and fish it through the car and just leave it sticking out of the drilled hole and taped to the current door sill. That way when they arrive all you do is connect them to the wires, test them out, and tape them down. From the photos it looks like it will take some time to gently remove the B-pillar interior body trim, pull up the carpeting to reveal the wiring looms, etc. You must be trying to talk yourself out of working today so you can watch College Basketball today or something.

Old 01-21-2007, 03:33 AM

Nope... just too busy to watch TV! Good news... the door sill plates arrived today in perfect condition. I tested one of the lights out with an external 12v source. Looks nice. Tomorrow I'll take the big, nasty drill to my car!

Old 01-21-2007, 10:30 PM

Glad to hear, Jeff. I ended up buying a new phone on Sat (Palm Treo 700w smartphone) and ended up spending all weekend playing with the new toy. And after looking at my car where I scuff my shoes occasionally it is not the door sill but the already-existing plastic door molding. I don't think I've ever hit the door sill with my shoes yet but I have made a few marks on the door's map pocket. And I'm getting a 4GB SD card ($40!!!) to store music for it and my car has a 1GB CF card so if you think I could have run out of songs before -- now I have an instant replacement from the phone - love this new technology.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:46 AM
HOV lane commuter

Added the non-electrical (plain old) door sill plates over the weekend. They do look quite nice ... super $40 addition ($19.99 + shipping from HK) to the vehicle!

Last edited by JRCaesar; 01-22-2007 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:48 AM

Still didn't get to install the darned things. I hate these short winter days. Might have to set up my garage spotlights and work on it this evening!

Old 01-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Enthusiast

JRCaesar,

I see that you added a foam holder for your Skyfi. Did you purchase this or fabricate yourself. I have a Skyfi2 and am always looking for a better solution.

Brian

Old 01-22-2007, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by TGRROAR
I have a Skyfi2 and am always looking for a better solution.
Brian,

I have a Roadie which I custom mounted. I think the SkiFi2 is a little larger than my Roadie, but it might work in the same location. Here's a couple of photos:

Old 01-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Energy Independence

Originally Posted by JRCaesar
Added the non-electrical (plain old) door sill plates over the weekend. They do look quite nice ... super $40 addition ($19.99 + shipping from HK) to the vehicle!
What? No bragging picture?

Old 01-22-2007, 09:25 PM

Jeff - Do you ever find yourself punching your Roadie when you shift into Park? I remember dad's old Dodge Aspen (were there every any new Aspen cars?) and it had a gearshift throw like an 18-wheeler and when you would shift into 1st, 3rd, or 5th you would end up changing radio stations.

Similarly, has anyone found out what the hole is for that is ahead of the gearshift? I pried off the cover and found nothing underneath. Is this for a non-CVT (i.e. normal Automatic) that has a Shift-Lock mechanism similar to the trunk lock-out on our cars?

Quick Reply: Today's Mod

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands