HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Today's Mod

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 11:00 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default Re: Today's Mod

Jeff:

One of the back door plates makes a little bit of a humming noise. If I push it down a bit the noise goes away. But overall they are quiet.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:48 PM
F**k ExxonMobil

i got the non-lit ones. they look great.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Mine are still half lit! I've got the driver's side done, and all but the electrical hookup on the passenger side. Just been so busy I haven't gotten to it. Maybe this weekend!!!

Old 02-10-2007, 07:30 AM
Enthusiast

Ok...I got my plates last week. I am a little skeptical about drilling the sills and putting these plates on because of the frigid temps where I live in the winter. Whats your guys opinion on how well the tape is going to hold. Gary said his are holding up well but he lives in a much warmer climate then me. It hasn't been over 20 degrees here for the last 10 days.

Old 02-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I'm pleased to report that the job is finally DONE! All connected and everything works. Of course, nothing's easy... had a problem with a bad connection on my right rear door ground wire. Took 45 minutes to trace it, but got it fixed. Now all the doors individually operate each respective sill plate. Looks great!

Only down side is that all the transformers do hum slightly. Barely audible in quiet surroundings, completely inaudible by any road... so it's really not a problem. Only other problem is that my wife makes fun of me for putting "bling" on my car!

As for the tape sticking in cold temps, you might want to try heating up the sill area (got a garage, perhaps?... or at least using a hair dryer to warm the area). I would think the 3M tape adhesive would work better at temps warmer than freezing.

Whatever you do, be sure to clean the sill area completely first. I used rubbing alcohol to clean the area. They were mounted in mid-50 degree temps, and stick just fine.

Old 02-11-2007, 01:07 AM
F**k ExxonMobil

here's pix of my non-lit ones:

Old 02-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default Most excelent

I think that the non-lighted ones go quite nicely with the darker color.