HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Tranny fluid replacement interval

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Tranny fluid replacement interval

So, the last service my car called for was A12 at around 27,000 miles. Recently, the car requested B1 at 34,500. At what interval should the transmission fluid be replaced if the car does not request with the 3 on the maintenance minder?

I asked as much at the dealership today, and I just received the "The car will ask for it" answer.

Thanks,
JJanney

Old 01-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tranny fluid replacement interval

Yes, I would change it when the minder tells me, provided everything is normal. It will more than likely show up on your next oil change. I have heard say, it comes up at around 30,000 miles. H

Old 01-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

That is what I am asking. My car is currently at 35,000 miles.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:09 PM

Is the CTV behaving normally? Have you looked at the oil on the dip stick. Is the oil still clean and not burnt looking? If these two things are Ok I would not worry. Florida is fairly flat country is it not? If so there is not alot of stress put on your CVT, so in that case the oil should give loner life? H

Old 01-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Enthusiast

I got the message to change the tranny fluid @ 31,000 miles on my 2006 - that's when the trouble started.

Honda has changed the formula for the fluid. There are also three computer updates to change the way the CVT behaves with the new fluid.

I now have an issue where the CVT lurches and slips. Put in gear, the engine revs and the car will jump, slow down and then accelerate, does the same.

The dealer told me there is a technical bulletin on this and they are going to replace the clutch pack. I sincerely hope this helps! Up until this point, I was very satisfied with the car.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:31 PM

Brian, did the Dealer change the fluid and not do the up-dates?. It is hard to believe the fluid would do that to the CVT. Has anyone heard about a fluid change, I thought it was changed when the HCH2 came out? H

Old 01-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Enthusiast

The dealer didn't do the updates at the time of the fluid change. The problems started within 2-3 days after I got it back and became progressively worse. I took the car back after two weeks and then they did the updates, but that didn't help.

The fluid formula was changed this past July-August. Ever put Ford spec fluid in a GM product transmission? Ugly results... The fluid can make a significant difference depending on the additives it has in it.

I'm hoping the clutch pack will fix the problem.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:04 PM

Thanks Brian. I hadn't heard of this change. H

Old 02-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JJanney
So, the last service my car called for was A12 at around 27,000 miles. Recently, the car requested B1 at 34,500. At what interval should the transmission fluid be replaced if the car does not request with the 3 on the maintenance minder?

I asked as much at the dealership today, and I just received the "The car will ask for it" answer.

Thanks,
JJanney
I have read that the dealer just drains the transmission during service and adds 3 or so quarts to the transmission.

2 questins:
1. Is there a way to do a complete flush as done on other Honda automatic trahsnmissions. Had this done on my 02 4 cyl Accord and car runs much smoother. Is there a way for the CVTs to be done this way?
2. Anyone use anything other than the Honda CVT oil? Is there a synthetic AFT life oil for this application?

TDSOUP

Old 02-10-2008, 09:07 AM

TDSOUP: 1. In some cases they do up to 3 drains an re-fill in order to flush most of the old oil. They run the car between each top up. 2. I have never heard of anyone using anything but Honda CVT oil. H

Quick Reply: Tranny fluid replacement interval

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands