HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

valve adjustment, weight uneven?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 12:51 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default valve adjustment, weight uneven?

Any do this themselves? I am seeing videos for regular civics, but not the hybrid civics. Something thats also in my way is getting that rubber plastic piece off thats up above the back spark plugs, just under the wind shield.

And manual on how to do this? Specific tools? It would be my first time so I'd better take it slow. I assume I should do it when the car is cold.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, im not sure if anyone has noticed this, but it seems the left side of the car, or drivers side might be heavier then the passenger side, and in this case im seeing a notice able drop in the height of the car on the drivers side in particular. Could this maybe just be a week spring? In which case I should replace? Something like a monroe strut/shock package I assume, otherwise I cant think of any reason it does this. I park it on completely level ground just to make sure it wasnt that.

Old 09-22-2020, 08:29 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: valve adjustment, weight uneven?

Did you ever get around to doing the valve adjustment? There's a bolt that is half covered by the upper wire harness holder that I can't figure out how to get off.