HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Want to drive my car off a cliff

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Want to drive my car off a cliff

Originally Posted by Smurf
I'm right there with you, except I'm on my SECOND battery.

My second battery is acting just like the 1st one after only 6 months.

This is without a doubt the worst car I ever purchased....

It sounds like maybe your 12V battery is toast. Have you replaced it yet?

Old 01-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 300TTto545
My 07 is officially the worst car I've ever had. IMA light for awhile. Software update - Now just terrible to drive. 7 recals today so far. I might have 7 bars and no assist prior to the recal so I never know when I'll have power.

I've contacted the BBB warranty dispute line as well as my state's Department of Justice warranty division. Both have contacted HofA with no reply yet.

What more can I do? This car is the worst. It was fine until the summer started. I thought once the heat was gone it would be better but it is terrible. I can't sell it and I refuse to pay to replace something that is still under warranty.

60k on 80k warranty. Driven by me since new - was a 50+mpg car. Now 40 and no power....

What is the dealer's excuse for not replacing the pack if the IMA light is staying on? I thought the IMA light was the criteria for replacement.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rob W.
It sounds like maybe your 12V battery is toast. Have you replaced it yet?

You would think the dealer would test that right?

Old 01-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Smurf
You would think the dealer would test that right?
Sure, if they were competent and cared...

Old 02-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Enthusiast

I currently own a 2006 HCH II. It was normal up until the software "up"grade. Now it acts similar to all of the descriptions that I have been reading in the forums. Recals, mileage drop, starting up with no bars on the battery indicator, charging while accelerating up hill. I have three other Hondas currently. I am afraid these will be my last.

I cannot believe a company like Honda is letting their reputation die for a problem that they have inflicted on the public. I cannot do business with a disreputable company.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Hyper-Everything'er

I sure do hope they figure out what's going on for you guys.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Enthusiast

1carus.... my situation was somewhat different.... at around 24K mile it was recalling frequently, sluggish at time and mileage dropped from 44 to 40 mpg. The dealer applied the "upgrade" and things got much worse. The dealer's "hybrid" qualified mechanic drove the car for a few days and agreed that things were not operating as they should. Honda USA did not want to replace the IMS battery as it had not "failed". The dealer met with the regional rep and the end result was the battery was replaced and I am back to 44Mpg. The results were good for me but it appears that I am one of the "lucky" ones.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MLTTASK
I sure do hope they figure out what's going on for you guys.
American Honda knows precisely what's going on. The batteries are dying at an alarming rate and they are hiding from the issue. They created a software patch that all but eliminates use of the battery - which kills power and mileage - then force you into the patch before they will look at your car.

The dealer is not permitted to tell you anything is wrong with your car in most cases because American Honda will not back the repair. All warranty work must be approved by American Honda per their protocol. IMA issues and battery related stuff need to be DEAD before they will even acknowledge that there might be a problem. Sell it, trade it or get it stolen.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Enthusiast

I put an end to my misery...

My dealer offered to buy My 2009 HCH II back from me at book value. I took him up on the offer....

I'll take my money and buy a hybrid or EV from someone else....

Old 02-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

It'll be interesting to see the reaction when they roll-out the 2012 Civic Hybrid. With so many current owners either burned or hearing other horror stories.

Quick Reply: Want to drive my car off a cliff

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands