HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Who has daily battery dumps or recals?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 03:59 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Who has daily battery dumps or recals?

currieep,

Thanks for the feedback. I agree, any new car is going to feel strange, and a leading edge hybrid a bit more so. I will keep your points in mind. Not sure if/when we'll make a move, likely wait-and-see till Honda delivers the next gen HCH.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Enthusiast

Looks like my daily recals are back, only 6 months after getting my battery replaced.

Sigh............

I think it's time to get rid of this vehicle, extended warranty or not.

An extended warranty is worthless if the dealer refuses to replace the battery under warranty.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:15 PM
mpk
Enthusiast

Is the dealer willing to replace it again? I mean, if it fails during the emission warranty period, they should replace it multiple times if necessary.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:59 PM
Enthusiast

I haven't brought it to the dealer yet for the 2nd battery.

I went through such a hassle to get the battery replaced the 1st time that I'm not looking forward to it....

Old 10-28-2010, 11:02 AM
mpk
Enthusiast

That does not bode well. I thought they figured out the problem, I guess not? I am/was a Honda fan, but their handling of this stinks. When I went hybrid, I did so based on the good experience of others, and the long warranty on the battery. At the time, the Insight1, HCH1, Prius1 were out there with no significant battery problems to speak of.

But here we are, 1/4 of the way through the warranty and problems galore. The Los Angeles Times reported that 4% of HCH2 batteries have been replaced. We all know how reluctant they are to replace them, so one can only wonder how many more than 4% have problems, but denied a replacement and given a crappy firmware load as a booby prize.

Last edited by mpk; 10-30-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:48 PM

Of course, no IMA warning lights on...

Old 11-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Enthusiast

I have been having daily recals ever since the software update was applied a couple weeks after it came out. Initially the battery lasted much longer but now I get a recal every startup or within 5mins of driving. Some how my battery will go into force charge but as it is charging the bars will just shoot up to full charge from 2 bars.

I have been having check engine code P0420 for the past couple weeks. Catalytic Converter is below threshold bank1.

I have been in contact with the dealer trying to get my catalytic converter replaced as a warranty. Honda is not cooperating with the dealer though.

Last edited by TBaFFz; 11-14-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Enthusiast

I drove the car on a trip today. Total trip mileage was 261 miles and I counted 23 recals...with a recal being an instant move from 2/3 bars to 7/8 bars or vice versa. In the first 4.5 years I owned the car, there were a total of ZERO recals. Now I get them on average once every ten miles.

Old 11-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

For my car to throw the IMA battery deterioration code, it took roughly 1 recal (full cycle from 7-8 bars, to 1-2 bars, back to 8) per 2-3 miles city driving along with near-instant recals upon starting the car. This is with the latest software. The IMA light came on just before the SoC would start jumping up to 8 bars.

I took it in to a local dealer yesterday, and once they saw deterioration codes they ordered a replacement pack with no questions asked.

Last edited by morgante; 11-20-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:19 PM

Very good news. H

Quick Reply: Who has daily battery dumps or recals?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands