HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Wiper Blade Sticker Shock

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 11:02 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default Another great windshield coating is

REJEX (click)

I use this coating on the cars paint, glass, and wheels. Not only does it protect the paint, but on glass, it really cuts down on bug splats. Bugs hit the windshield and bounce off before they explode. Any residue that is left comes off with just a wet rag.

For rain, it gives a low tension surface that allows the rain to slide off much like Rain-X.

On the insides of the wheels, it keeps brake dust from sticking.

On boats, it makes the hull much more slippery, and will improve top speed.

For a hybrid owner looking for resistance cheaters, Rejex is a great product to apply to the entire car.

This product came from the aviation industry, and is great for cars. I have been using it for years, and highly recommend it.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:42 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Wiper Blade Sticker Shock

Two notes about wiper blades:

1. I use Rain-X. It's a great product, but needs to be re-applied monthly in order to continue to work. Also, over time, the wiper blades need to be wiped with an alcohol prep because the Rain-X causes the rubber to become softer and the blades can start leaving black streaks on the glass.

2. Several months ago, I did a post regarding the replacement of the wiper blade inserts. Search for it. Replacing the inserts is not difficult, but if you follow the instructions in the car manual exactly, it will walk you through the process. My experience was that the dealer didn't have a clue on how to do the replacement.

Old 02-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Enthusiast

I second the above information about "Rejex" Use it on our Vette's, inside all wheels and on paint. Never tried glass, didn't even know it could be used on glass.

Great product; I learned about it from the Porsche racing forum years ago.

Old 02-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I park in the garage at home and work so the car is only in the sun about 30 minutes a day for the afternoon commute.
My blades last years.

I think the UV in sunlight breaks down the rubber.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

Nice thing about Rejex is that an application properly applied will last about 6 months under harsh circumstances.

Much longer lasting than RainX. It is a little bit more involved to apply however. It must be applied in the shade with an ambient temperature under 85 degrees F, and must cure for 8 hours or overnight before being brought out in the bright sun. But if you do that you get a great protective coating for the car, wheels, and windshield.

Old 02-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I just found "Glider" blades at Wal Mart for about $13 each. They look identical to the OEM blades and while it only cost me $8 for new inserts, installing them was more trouble than it was worth.

Old 02-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Hybrid-Hugger

wow- I can get the inserts for $6 at my dealership.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

But is that $6 CAN or US? Hahaha.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:33 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

You should always go for the refills and not the whole blade assembly. The OEM blade assembly is matched to your car while the generic solution is NOT.

Old 03-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Enthusiast

I just had the 15,000 mi service on 08 Civic Hybrid. The wiper replacement was included in the service

Quick Reply: Wiper Blade Sticker Shock

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands