HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

"xm ready"?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 11:38 AM
F**k ExxonMobil
Default "xm ready"?

that's what it says on the factory radio. what does this mean? i just bot an xm unit at costco, and i don't know how to integrate it with honda's "readiness". can anyone help here? tia.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: "xm ready"?

If it means what I think it means, you should be able to access the XM without another reciever. If you turn the stereo to satellite you should have some sort of signal. If its anything like sirius, you should have some sort of registration number that you can use to call XM and have them activate the unit.

So in other words, I think you bought something you dont need. With that said, I know not of your setup or how the car comes configured.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:15 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

If you have a non-navigational version you will need to purchase the XM tuner module from Honda.

This will allow you to have access to XM via the radio unit.

Purchasing the XM tuner from Costco will save you more money though

Old 11-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Part Time Hybrids

I agree with Arbittan on this one.

My XM unit and install was cheaper from a retail store.

The advantage of the radio setup is the cleaner look. Might be more valuable down the road for resale. It wasn't as much a concern to me but a clean look is valuable to many people.

Old 11-21-2007, 05:56 PM
F**k ExxonMobil

i have the non-nav version.

Old 11-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Woohoo!!! SunGod18 we finally agree on something!!!!

hehe

06ch2,
If you want an integrated look and feel, you will need to get the unit from Honda.

If you are just looking for XM radio in the car, stay with the retail package. Another advantage to the retail package is you can take it with you (office, home, rental/loaner car, etc.) With the integrated unit, you are stuck with it in the car and if you want another unit for home or office etc it will cost you more + additional subscription fee.

I hope Honda will release a HD Radio interface to replace my XM tuner. I am just using my three month free subscription now and do not have plans to renew it. I don't know why Manufactures just don't opt to give you 1 - 3 years paid subscription though or why XM couldn't make a "basic" level subscription with limited sampling of stations...

Old 11-22-2007, 12:00 PM
F**k ExxonMobil

thanks for all the input. with the proposed merger btwn xm and sirius, which may require a hardware upgrade once it happens, i'm going the cheap route for now. i found some very inexpensive systems here: http://www.myradiostore.com/?_ecsCat...ewBrand:XMSR~~

Last edited by 06hch2; 11-22-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:46 PM
Part Time Hybrids

While on the subject a prospect of the proposed XM merger would be a choice of selecting channels.

I would love this ability, honestly I never stray from the same group of under 10 saved presets.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:55 AM
F**k ExxonMobil

well, i bot one the other day. stuck the magnetic antenna on the roof, plugged into the lighter for power and the aux jack for audio, activated the unit, and i'm enjoying my xm unit immensely. piece of cake. blue led, too.
plus, i got a home stereo adaptor and boom box adaptor. total cost < $60.

Last edited by 06hch2; 12-07-2007 at 02:00 AM.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have the navigation but never got the free trial. I tried to turn to channel zero but it wouldn't let me. Does anyone no why?

I'm almost due for my 1st oil change. Maybe I will ask for it then.

Quick Reply: "xm ready"?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands