Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Old Marketplace Archive (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/old-marketplace-archive-53/)
-   -   12 Volt Wireless Remote with "DPDT Relay" - A great mod accessory !!! (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/old-marketplace-archive-53/12-volt-wireless-remote-dpdt-relay-great-mod-accessory-11861/)

vegeman 01-17-2007 08:19 AM

12 Volt Wireless Remote with "DPDT Relay" - A great mod accessory !!!

After struggling with the idea of where to put a standard DPDT switch to work with the “Speed Wire Interrupt” mod for my Prius, I found myself searching the Internet for a “wireless” device that would instead do the trick. After a long and arduous search, and ultimately not finding such a device, I ended up thinking about how to design one. I in turn found an electronics company who agreed to help design such a product. After production, the test marketing phase proved so successful that my business partner and I decided to form a new company called “Clicker Star.”

Our flagship device, the “RC-12VR” is a 12VDC wireless remote that includes an on-board DPDT relay. Aside from the wireless receiver and relay, the RC-12VR comes packaged with two key fobs, (each containing an on/off button and indicator light) and an assortment of wire connectors.

During the testing phase of the RC-12VR, I easily installed two of the remotes in my own Prius where one was used in the “Speed Wire Interrupt” (SWI) mod. The second one was used to remotely control a sub-woofer (Kenwood KSC-SW1) that I had previously installed. The “SWI” used the RC-12VR’s DPDT relay, while the sub-woofer was controlled by having the remote send power to the sub for on/off operation.

A great place to mount a key fob is on the back of the steering wheel. I mounted both of mine using some Velcro on the left and right side where my fingers can easily reach. This keeps it out of sight and easily accessible.

Also as a bonus, my business partner and I agreed that offering a $10 discount to other Prius owners would be a nice gesture since owning a Prius myself helped to create the RC-12VR initially. On the main page of the website, click on the multi-colored star at the bottom and then enter the word “prius” (no quotes) for the username and password. There you’ll find suggested uses for the RC-12VR in the Prius as well as installation tips, and a button linking to the discount page. Click here for the Clicker Star website.

Enjoy…