Old Marketplace Archive This section is closed to new listings.

Which is better "regular honda civic or honda civic hybrid?

Old 05-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Which is better "regular honda civic or honda civic hybrid?

The honda civic hybrid that I have really fits for me but some of my friends told me that they're not for it and they prefer the regular honda civic for that matter. What they do not like about it is the moment you stop it according to them it shuts off but to my experience it didn't. What about you guys? which do you prefer?

Old 05-10-2010, 05:06 AM
Witch w/ sense of humor
Default Re: Which is better "regular honda civic or honda civic hybrid?

I've owned a HCH in the past. The only thing I didn't like about it was how the air conditioning stopped whenever the autostop feature engaged. I got about 44 MPG combined.

I have a friend with a Civic Coupe EX. He gets about 37 MPG combined. The Coupe has more get-up-and-go than the HCH but the gas mileage isn't as good.

If money was no object and I had to pick between the Insight-II, Civic EX, and HCH, my choices would actually be in that order (albeit I would go with the EX/Nav trim level in the Insight. I could only afford the LX trim in the car I actually own.)

Old 05-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Think green.

Originally Posted by GreenBoy
... What they do not like about it is the moment you stop it according to them it shuts off but to my experience it didn't. What about you guys? which do you prefer?
I like both the regular Civic and the hybrid Civic, and we have one of each in our family (older models of each car).
One of the things I was initially a bit afraid of with the hybrid was the auto-stop feature you are talking about, but it is now one of my favorite features in the Civic hybrid.

(PS: if you have a hybrid Civic, it should be going into auto-stop, at least some of the time.)

Old 05-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The longer the red light the more I love Auto-Stop

Old 07-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Enthusiast

I currently own a 2005 Civic Hybrid. As far as auto stop goes, it is awsome. The only case it stinks is when it is hot and the AC cuts off. This is not a big deal though as it is easy to override the auto stop by hitting the "econ" button and turning the light off.

I have put alot of miles on my civic and many, many road trips. I feel so relaxed after driving this car for (500 miles+ without stopping). The ride on this car is quieter than any lexus/BMW/Mercedes I have driven/rode in. There is no comparison between any model of the civic compared to the hybrid model. The hybrid is a different class of car. I love mine and would never drive anything else.

As far as MPG goes it depends alot on your driving habits and the environment you drive in. I have ranged between 41mpg (all city) and 60 mpg (all flat interstates).

Old 07-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The HCHII (2006 and on) has AC that will run during Auto-Stop. That said, AC during AutoStop is directly run from the IMA battery, and will run the state-of-charge down fairly quickly if you're using AC in stop-and-go traffic. I tend to avoid using AC in such conditions, just set fan speed to 1 bar, temp to LO, and roll the windows down. Reserve the AC for smooth running and/or highway usage.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:22 AM
Think green.

As long as I have it set to ECON and make sure the AC button is off*, when I come to a stop I can get auto-stop, and the AC runs at kind of "half"-power. It's cool air, just not as cold as with the full AC on.

*I think...it is the most confusing climate control system I've ever had.

Last edited by Gairwyn; 07-18-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:00 AM
Enthusiast

I think the honda civic hybrid better than regular Honda, because honda civic hybrid gets even more enviable, with its eco-friendly and economical CNG. Thehonda civic hybrid CNG increases mileage and enhances savings.

Old 09-04-2010, 03:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hi Micheal73, yeah you are right. Honda civic hybrid is better than a regular honda though there are people that are pretty okay and satisfied with their honda though not hybrid. It is right that civic hybrid is definitely eco-friendly and it saves gas.