Old Marketplace Archive This section is closed to new listings.

Good Source for Used Parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Enthusiast
Default Good Source for Used Parts

I broke the cruise control switch lever on my 2004 Prius. After a few epoxy repairs, it went completely. Toyota wants $105 for a new one, and I found a dealer in Arizona who would ship me one for that price and pay freight. But someone else turned me on to a place called "Black Diamond Auto" in Washington State. They sent me a used one that works perfectly for $20 plus $15 shipping and handling. You can Google them or use < parts@blackdiamondauto.com >. Why put a brand-new part in an old car that has thousands of parts with 280K miles on them already?

Old 12-10-2011, 04:42 AM
Autos Electronics Expert
Default Re: Good Source for Used Parts

The place you choose to purchase your used auto parts from can be a determining factor of how much you will pay. Junk yards and auto salvage yards often sell used auto parts from damaged vehicles that have been brought to them. Even though the vehicle is damaged, many of the parts of the car still function perfectly well, but since they are used the yard will sell them for a drastically discounted price. If you choose to purchase some of these used auto parts from a yard that requires you to take the part off the car yourself, you can save even more money.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:06 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Good Source for Used Parts

I think in this time it is very easy to find right kind for used part of your precious car. You search on the net and as a result you get various site list and you choose one of them. I think onlineparts site is the best place to purchased any parts of your car.