Old Marketplace Archive This section is closed to new listings.

I'm trying to end my lease...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Enthusiast
Default I'm trying to end my lease...

... any ideas how to end my lease early on my 05 HAH. The car is great but it does not fit our family any longer. I ned something like the Highlander Hybrid. I have about a year left on my current lease.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:15 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I'm trying to end my lease...

I'm not sure if you can turn in a lease early. I had a friend several years back that had to self-reposess a truck he leased. I know it ruined his credit. You might just want to keep it until the lease expires and turn it in then. Just a thought......from what i know and have heard from many knowledgeable sources, leases are almost always NOT a good thing to do, unless you can write off the mileage you drive for a business. Hope this helps.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

You can ALWAYS end a lease early. Just take the car and your check book to the dealership ..... and bend over.

Best advice is to tough it out for one more year. Then you'll be free without any credit hassles.

And let that year teach you once and for all: NEVER LEASE A CAR!

Old 01-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

There are several lease trading or swapping websites.

Every lease has a buyout as well. Thanks to my bimmer's low depreciation, I was able to trade-in for a value greater than the buyout.

Your HAH may be in the same boat. Call Honda and ask what your buyout is. Check your car's value at KBB.com.

The hit at a good dealership may not be as bad as you think.

Good luck, nf